Royal Rider cheese grater or similar stirrups

peanut

Visit site
I am looking for some lightweight stirrups with a safety tread and any other safety feature I can get.

I really like the look of the Royal Rider ones with the cheese grater treads but they are very expensive. I see that Shires do a much more affordable version and wonder if anyone would recommend them or possibly some other make please?

LeannePip

Visit site
I have the Shires version which are great, i used to have real problems XC/ Fast work with normal stirrups so i swapped to cheaper flexi ones which solved it but then have trouble with the grip on the stirrups when it was wet, swapped to these and have had no trouble since!

LouisCat

Visit site
Do the cheesgrater ones generally have a wider footbed?
I've ridden in some recently with a much wider foot bed than the usual (maybe) 2 inches.

But there is no brand on the ones I've ridden in and owner can't remember where they are from!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Dont mean to hijack thread, but I really need a lightweight pair of cheesegrater type stirrups but does anyone know of any safety type ones that ares still cheap? The Shires ones I'd worry about getting dragged especially as I event, I'm a bit paranoid about it :(