Royal Welsh?

JaneMBE

Visit site
What is this? Just looking at one of my horses adverts from when I was looking, it says he won the RW as a yearling.
I am clueless about horse shows!

Irishcobs

Visit site
I don't no alot about it but its a show in Wales for welshs. Its quiet a big top show. To win a class at it is a very good thing, puts more money on a horse.

Iestyn

Visit site
The Royal Welsh is a massive agricultural show held in Mid-Wales in July. It is probably THE place for showing Welsh breeds and to have won there is probably a huge achievement. Don't know much about showing, but I *think* the Royal Welsh is the largest (or one of the largest) agricultural shows in Europe. Have a look at www.rwas.co.uk

severnmiles

Visit site
Its the biggest show in Wales!! Massive, if he won there its a good thing!

Its basically the mecca for all horsey/farming/country people in Wales...you're not Welsh if you don't go! lol

Iestyn

Visit site
severnmiles...been meaning to ask for ages - where do you live? Pm if you prefer, but I have a funny feeling that you aren't far from where my parents are and where I grew up. I spent a few years living in Llandysul and then nearer Carmarthen. Family farm in Alltwallis and great-grandparents buried in Llanwennog (I think).

Llwyncwn

Visit site
The Royal Welsh Show is at Builth Wells every year. It has everything. Think its only show here where you can win a gold medal with npcs (could be wrong though, ive never been).