Rpt on 'Equisimulator' lesson & an invitation for a wkend drssg course

Sal_E

Visit site
I had my first lesson on the mechanical horse tonight - it was fab! It was only 30 mins & it went a bit too quickly, but I feel confident that I would really benefit from some more sessions.

They run weekend courses (in East Sussex), where you take your own horse, have one mechanical horse lesson each day & one lesson on your own horse each day (with the Director of training for British Dressage). They run the weekend in groups of 10 (not sure if they'd do slightly smaller courses, I can check), so, if you're interested, please PM me!

Janey - I'll PM you price details immediately!

JoElla/GinaGem - are you interested? It'll be another weekend away for you though, LOL!

Anyone else potentially fancy it?

Bossanova

Visit site
We are just about to set up one of these at home, just working out the full logistics of it but certainly the benefits are plain to see

Sal_E

Visit site
Really, wow! the walk-trot-canter ones are about £15k, so serious investment! Do you already know where yours is coming from or would you like the contact details for the supplier of this one?

Yes, amazing benefits, especially for someone like me who is weak in the core muscles & doesn't have great body awareness...

teapot

Visit site
My RS looked at buying one.

Would love to have a go on one - closest I've been is the one at the racing museum in Newmarket but that's rather different.

Sounds like a good course

teapot

Visit site
I haven't got a horse to take
frown.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
DOH! I had planned to ask whether someone could 'hire' a horse there or pay less & sit out of the riding (I think they're all private lessons so you'd never be billy-no-mates sat on your own..
grin.gif
). Let me know if you want me to ask...

kick_On

Visit site
They are brilliant. Our rc had a demo nite from instructor who has one and i was so impression i went back for further lessions. Had lessons on 'trigger' for 20 mins and then ride you own gg. I the one i use, the lady has a mirror room so you can see all around and see your position has improved my lower leg position and i have a hip problem and if defo improved.
OOO make sure your room is well ventilated, not cos of the equipment problem but when you ride it you get really hot very quickly!!!!!!!!! and also as you have mirrors all around make sure you got a good bra on
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I found it brillant if you do have a week position ie you back as it does built up you muscles
Had a go with the one a badminton are you to put a screen in from of your fro teaching test aswell???

Sal_E

Visit site
Yes, this one had mirrors all around - it was like an episode of 'what not to wear'; you know that horrible mirrored room they put you in??!!! The instructor, in attempt to get me to work my core muscles more' said 'push your tummy in' - I said 'I am!!!!!'. God, I must do more sit-ups...

kick_On

Visit site
I really did enjoy. And it shows up lots of little problems, but i don't know about you but it one point i was thinking i need machine to go longer and lower!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I'm so luckly as i have a horse who has 'trigger' working canter lush!!!!! and i could sat ther all day
grin.gif
grin.gif

Would love to any more details about your weekend can pm me please with date etc...............

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
For anyone contemplating it, I can back up Sal-E and thoroughly reccommend it.

When I was getting fit again after my back op, I went to Michelle at her home base near Stansted, and had a few sessions on the 'stimulator' (as we call it!
blush.gif
), and it really helped.
I also have regular training sessions with Jill, BD's training director, so can vouch for them too.

Sal_E

Visit site
BM - 'stimulator', LOL, made me laugh out loud in the office!!!

I thought Michelle was great - very very good but kind, I didn't feel daft at all (could have done with.more flattering lighting on the 'what not to wear' mirrors though...).

On the weekend course, Michelle does the mechanical horse bit & Jill does the work on the horses - sounds like a great combination!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I've just remembered practising the half halts too................we all got the giggles because if you were a bit heavy handed 'Trigger' squealed to complain!!!!!!!!!
I ended up patting/stroking him to apologise!
blush.gif

(I think it was just a bit of oil needed on the head/neck joint but it certainly made you more aware!)

My legs were also highlighted as being weak and the damn thing wouldn't always move up a gear when I asked. Showed how much I relied on my spurs or a tap up from the whip. Bad BN!
blush.gif
blush.gif
frown.gif