RS near SE London/Kent

merlin84

Visit site
Have had a break from riding since having my second baby. I have been back in the saddle but haven’t been able to properly recommit. Before becoming pregnant I had a wonderful share and lessons with a coach but had to give that up due to pregnancy issues. I am done having children now and want to really progress so a) I can have a share again when I have enough time and b) finally fulfil my dream of having my own.

However the riding schools I know tend to be kick/pull, shouty or taught by 16 year olds. As a nearly 40 yo, I would like somewhere that will help me set goals and focus on correct riding rather than mooching around each week. The coach I had for my share was amazing but she only works with private horses. Can’t bear to pay £50 a lesson to be yelled at or worse ignored while the instructor is on their phone!

cowgirl16

Visit site
I'm going back a very long time now - but there used to be a riding school at Chelsfield in Kent - any good to you?

stangs

Visit site
SE London does seem to be particularly bad if you're looking for good instruction.

I haven't ridden at these yards myself, but maybe have a look at Greenwich EC, Timbertops EC, and Whitehorse Farm.

merlin84

Visit site
SE London does seem to be particularly bad if you're looking for good instruction.

I haven't ridden at these yards myself, but maybe have a look at Greenwich EC, Timbertops EC, and Whitehorse Farm.
It really is a horsey black hole for what I am looking for! White Horse Farm looks close so am going to check them out. Greenwich EC is round the corner but it is impossible to get a lesson as it is really an equine college as its primary business. Shame as when I went the instructors were good.

j1ffy

Visit site
yes I follow them on Facebook but sadly too far for a weekly ride especially leaving the toddler with my other half!!

I've always fancied White Horse Farm in Kent as they have one my my PRE's (the one in my avatar) cousins there. The grey with the anchor brand on their home page :) If you do go, let us know what it's like!

stangs

Visit site
Yes, let us know. It looks really good but I'm not risking the 3hr commute to get there until I know it's worth it!

teapot

Visit site
Have had a break from riding since having my second baby. I have been back in the saddle but haven’t been able to properly recommit. Before becoming pregnant I had a wonderful share and lessons with a coach but had to give that up due to pregnancy issues. I am done having children now and want to really progress so a) I can have a share again when I have enough time and b) finally fulfil my dream of having my own.

However the riding schools I know tend to be kick/pull, shouty or taught by 16 year olds. As a nearly 40 yo, I would like somewhere that will help me set goals and focus on correct riding rather than mooching around each week. The coach I had for my share was amazing but she only works with private horses. Can’t bear to pay £50 a lesson to be yelled at or worse ignored while the instructor is on their phone!

Would Wyatt Equestrian be too far? Have heard nothing but excellent things about Alex and what's on offer :)