RSPCA in the news AGAIN

Hunters

Visit site
Former RSPCA officer Aubrey Ward who blew the whistle on the unnecessary killings of healthy animals in a 'tell all' article in the Mail on Sunday has hung herself. Her final quote (after furious attempts by the RSPCA to discredit her) was 'I give up!' She claims to have been offered £1000's from the RSPCA to shut her up. She leaves four children.

The RSPCA after spending £300k prosecuting the Heythrop Hunt and a further £50k attempting the same with the Avon Vale need to seriously think about sorting their priorities before a national petition gets started to remove their seriously flawed animal rights activist chairman.

Human blood on their hands too - disgraceful!

Alec Swan

Visit site
Hunters,

there is much which is wrong with the charity in question, and I agree it starts and finishes with the ethos and management, but on this occasion, that a lady could leave this world, and leave her children bereft of what is now both parents, can only point to a mind which was unbalanced.

If we're to berate the rspca for their policies and actions, then we need to stick to firm ground, and this particular case isn't it!

Alec.

BBH

Visit site
I read this and thought it shocking.

However I do think there has to be a lot more problems for someone to commit suicide than a job hassle no matter how bad.

The RSPCA do seem to have behaved in a very callous way and not at all what you'd expect of a charity which by the very nature of it should have some compassion.

Also fed up of people banging on about the costs of hunting prosecution as a reason for everything else going wrong.

We don't all like hunting.

Last edited:

Amazona

Visit site
Sadly this is not the first person to end there lives and she probably will not be the last.
For those who follow their cases closely it is common knowledge if they cannot get what they want legally then they will try other unethical and sometimes illegal tactics ...and common knowledge to discredit reputations

Sadly another person Clwyd Jones has been missing since his horses were taken.
Their cold hearted processes destroy lives. There seriously needs a re think about them .. Take my hat off to RSPCA Australia who have a much more pro active ethic.

FionaM12

Visit site
Sadly this is not the first person to end there lives and she probably will not be the last.
For those who follow their cases closely it is common knowledge if they cannot get what they want legally then they will try other unethical and sometimes illegal tactics ...and common knowledge to discredit reputations

Sadly another person Clwyd Jones has been missing since his horses were taken.
Their cold hearted processes destroy lives. There seriously needs a re think about them .. Take my hat off to RSPCA Australia who have a much more pro active ethic.

It is totally immoral to lay the blame of someone's suicide at the RSPCA's door IMO. No-one can know why this poor lady ended her life and to use the tragedy for political ends is disgraceful.

As for the other case you mention, Clwyd Davies's horses were suffering appalling cruelty and had been for years. Action had to be taken, and IMO should have been taken much sooner.

I very much hope Mr Davies is alive and well, and think it very likely he just moved on as many homeless people do when things get tricky in one place. I don't wish him any harm but he is an animal hoarder and in a civilised society we can't just let animals suffer because a person chooses to collect more than they can care for.

Last edited:

Alec Swan

Visit site

Also fed up of people banging on about the costs of hunting prosecution as a reason for everything else going wrong.

We don't all like hunting.

And so you're entitled to your views. I would however suggest that there are many who actively dislike hunting who are equally at odds with the rspca for squandering hundreds of thousands of pounds, on a politically driven campaign, whilst at the very same time, that august body neglect, in a wanton fashion, the ideals set out within their own charter.

I can assure you that those who adjudge the rspca for their obvious lack of concern regarding animal welfare, are to be found amongst those who don't hunt, and as readily as amongst those who do.

Alec.

Hunters

Visit site
Hunting is not the issue here! The subject is the RSPCA and their record for killing healthy animals. It's to do with a 'whisteblower' had been discredited by them for what? Telling the truth?

I may stand alone, but it's ALL appalling..!

Moomin1

Visit site
Hunting is not the issue here! The subject is the RSPCA and their record for killing healthy animals. It's to do with a 'whisteblower' had been discredited by them for what? Telling the truth?

I may stand alone, but it's ALL appalling..!

Errm, forgive me for pointing this out, but you posted a link to an article of a very poorly woman who took her own life.

Yet you say the subject is the RSPCA 'killing' healthy animals?!

If you are so stupid to think that someone would take their own life when they have young children, simply because a charity puts to sleep animals which may be deemed 'healthy' by some, then I am quite frankly lost for words.

And another thing, I find it very distasteful that you have posted a thread like this.:mad:

RIP Dawn.

FionaM12

Visit site
Hunting is not the issue here!

Sorry, I don't believe you. I think you have political motives for posting this, which are to do with hunting and the issues (looking at your previous posts) which you clearly have with the RSPCA.

This poor lady has died, don't you see it's really bad taste to hold her tragic death against her former employer? If that employer had been anyone but the RSPCA, I do not believe you'd be posting.

Please have the grace to drop this thread now. You're doing yourself no favours.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Sorry, I don't believe you. I think you have political motives for posting this, which are to do with hunting and the issues (looking at your previous posts) which you clearly have with the RSPCA.

This poor lady has died, don't you see it's really bad taste to hold her tragic death against her former employer? If that employer had been anyone but the RSPCA, I do not believe you'd be posting.

Please have the grace to drop this thread now. You're doing yourself no favours.

I'm sorry Hunters, but Fiona's right. A display of good grace would have you request of Admin that they remove this entire thread. Your choice.

Alec.

competitiondiva

Visit site
Hunters,

there is much which is wrong with the charity in question, and I agree it starts and finishes with the ethos and management, but on this occasion, that a lady could leave this world, and leave her children bereft of what is now both parents, can only point to a mind which was unbalanced.

If we're to berate the rspca for their policies and actions, then we need to stick to firm ground, and this particular case isn't it!

Alec.

here here and I agree with your reply on the other thread too. My heart goes out to the children.

MillyMoomie

Visit site
Hunters I suggest you contact the RSPCA directly for clarification on your 'facts' in your original post.
Your post showed me that you know absolutely nothing about the situation but are willing to pounce on articles with no basis what's so ever in fact, and then use Dawn Aubrey Wards suicide to strengthen your 'hatred' of an organisation.
Disgusting.