Rubber mats on half the floor?

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Is there a way to successfully secure them so they dont slip? Really dont want to do the whole stable as it has a leak on one side which Id rather leave clear so it drains through, pony doesnt need the whole area bedded either. Is there a good way to secure the front edge so they dont slip across and come away from the side where I want them to stay?

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Is there a way to successfully secure them so they dont slip? Really dont want to do the whole stable as it has a leak on one side which Id rather leave clear so it drains through, pony doesnt need the whole area bedded either. Is there a good way to secure the front edge so they dont slip across and come away from the side where I want them to stay?

Mine have never slipped, they are heavy mats though.

J&S

Visit site
Mine do not slip either. They are arranged in a "slab" and there is an open concrete area at one end as the stable is so long.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My gap is the other way round at the back of the stable under the banks so the mats come all the way down to the door. I don’t like them standing on bare concrete because it gets slippery when wet. Never moved and are so tightly butted up against the partitions they never get wee under them either.

ThreeWBs

Visit site
I do - they never move as they're butted up to 3 walls.

I find it a lot cleaner as the wee doesn't get stuck under the mats :)

Attachments

• stable.jpg
    stable.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 59

EllenJay

Visit site
I have a full stable matted - but my horse is VERY heavy footed and he constantly moves them - even the really heavy ones, so i would have no chance with only a half matted stable

paddy555

Visit site

length of 2"x1" wood across (in front of) the leading edge screwed down onto a concrete floor

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Hopefully its more to do with the quality of the mat then and how heavy the horse is!! My big lad just drags his hooves so they slip if not tightly packed, maybe the little pony will be less clumsy :)

Ludopops

New User
Visit site
Treated my boy to new mats in summer. He’s very wet & poops like crazy all over place. Went for Horsemat Newmarket due to great drainage. Amazing mats, he’s still filthy beast but loads better. Company really great to deal with,