Rubber mats???

XxhorzezxX

Visit site
my mare is so dirty in the stable and its costing too much to keep her on sawdust.i think i will get rubber mats for her stable but are they comfortable and do they work?? :confused:

Last edited:

Kub

Visit site
Rubber mats are amazing. Though I actually have something that more resembles gym mats lol. I think as long as they are 17mm or thicker, they'll provide a nice comfortable area to lie that you can then put a deep bed of shavings on or just a sprinkle (like me). My coblet is very dirty (but getting better) and I've found mats with banks and a dusting of shavings in the middle have worked amazingly, I can just take the whole middle out in the morning without going through loads of shavings, use about a bale a week.

The ones I have though are foam ones, I thought I had been ripped off when I bought them but had them 2 winters now and they're still going strong and so easy to lift and clean. Not sure they'd worked for shod horses though.

Other people at yard have usual rubber mats and swear by them, I wouldn't be without them :)