rubber mats...

Boxers

Visit site
I would worry about slipping on those when wet as they have no grip on the top side.

I have two which I just put at the front of the stable where there is no bedding and where my boy stood to eat his hay. They had a pattern on the top side to provide grip and lines (channels) on the underside which, when laid perpendicular to the door, drained any wet out under the door.

gmw

Visit site
Be careful I bought similar mats from ebay. They were far too light and shredded within days. Because horses were shod the shoes just wore through them. I was refunded after long discussion with seller!! They were gym mats!! The only ones I trust are the Mayo cow mats have had some for nearly twenty years and still fine.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Try Eva stable mats. They are light and have had mine over 10'years and still going strong.
Rubber is just too,heavy for my likening as you can't lift it on your own.

noodle_

Visit site
Thanks all

ive found some 15mm proper bubble/drain mats 6/4 for sale - is 15mm thick enough? normally 17mm - but 2mm wont make much diff??

like eva ones but too expensive to be honest - can afford 30 quid a mat ideally....

Princess Rosie

Visit site
Vulcan rubber (manufacturer) do very good quality rugs, they are reasonable as direct from the manufacturers and they don't charge a lot for delivery (they come rolled so can be lifted easier than trying to drag a flat mat). We've had their mats for years and absolutely no damage and no wear.

flaxen

Visit site
Thoughts please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Hor...oods_StableAccessories_SM&hash=item3395f25a19

I am going for the 6*4 17mm thick ones if not - but these are cheap but seem ok? only thing that slightly bothers me is grip??

I need 6 so not cheap either if they are no good........ thanks

My horse has these in his stable as they were already there when he moved in and he's barely marked them, hes shod all round and the worst box walker I've ever seen, he leaves a perfect circle in his stable, hes never slipped, lays flat out every night and I'm currently saving up for some more for my other stable.

noodle_

Visit site
thanks all

i may go with the original link as i really cant afford the 17mm 6/4 mats - i need 5/6 of them....sooner rather than later