Rubber matting - recommendations please

tractorgirl

Visit site
One for you lovely people.....I am thinking of treating myself to rubber matting for the coming winter and have no idea ofn which brands/types to go for.
confused.gif

The stable is 14' by about 12', draining to the back with a channel running along the rear. I'd like something that gives enough comfort for me to be able to use a minimal bed just to soak up the excess, but light enough where I can hoick it up on my own to de-clag when necessary.

Suggestions please?

TGM

Visit site
It is not the cheapest but I use Fieldguard mats (I think they are the M2 version) which have rubber studs underneath, which allow the urine to drain away and also make the mats springy so more comfortable for the horse. The mats interlock and I find it quite easy to pull the whole lot from one corner and roll back allowing hosing underneath. The individual mats are quite small and therefore not too heavy, so I was able to fit them myself without needing any help.

I've had mine for 7 years with no signs of wear.

juliehannah58

Visit site
I have just ordered 18 mats from ebay (EquiMats) for £23 each. They are lovely quality and were easy to lay etc. They come with a 10yr guarentee too
smile.gif
I'm very pleased with them
smile.gif

threeponies

Visit site
I've got The Stable Mat ones ( does that make sense?) and they 've been down for 9 years and fit so well they don't need lifted. No signs of wear either, and 2 ponies live together in the stable.