Rubber Matting - recommendations ??

poggio

Visit site
Just had two new stables built and getting them rubber matted.
Was wondering if any one had any recommendations of companies that aren't too expensive but dont supply the really thin, cheap quality stuff!

Ive opted for Equimat in the past and found them great (although the interlocking system they use isn't the best, if you accidentally pull them up slightly you'll never get them 'locked' again!) but sooo expensive and as Im paying I just cant really afford it.

any ideas?

rema

Visit site
I have never used horse matting but use cattle matting which is often thicker and comes in 6ftx4ft sheets.It is alot cheaper.I can get mats from the local farmers shop for £25 plus vat per mat.I dont know if this is any help to you!!!.
grin.gif

samp

Visit site
I have used secondhand normal black mats, but mates all use Equimats and they are great - I want it, but like you can not afford it

OWLIE185

Visit site
We use Polycote Stable Mat as they also do the sealant to seal it to the walls and prevent any fluids or solids getting around or under the rubber matting. There one is 4m x 4m x 10mm thick. Technical helpline 01234 846400 (7.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.) They are very efficient.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I use stablelite - not the cheapest but excellent.

They are very thick and heavy and soft and can be used without any bedding if you wish as they are porous. Lay them like carpet tiles and lift them once a year to clean out the stable. They have never moved and no fiddly locking devices.

I use a 3" shaving bed over the back half of the stable as we have an indoor stable and this works very well, no pee draining out or smell.

Mine have had our clydie Cairo stomping over them for the past 5 years and still show no signs of wear or tear. My last set were 10 years old when I sold them to a friend for her field shelter, not because they were worn out, but I only had one horse at the time.

Am considering a second set for Chancer's stable this year.