Rubbing ears, itchy shetland? Causes?

Lintel

Visit site
Our new little friend is rather itchy and has been since he arrived. I was merely putting it down to winter coat going and summer coat coming but he has got to the point where he has rubbed the hair behind his left ear off entirely!!
I don't see any signs of mites and it's is primarly behind the ears and his bum/tail.
I wouldn't have thought if he had sweetitch it would have manifested just now and I'd have thought it would have been more his mane/tail.

Any ideas or lotions? I've popped a wee bit sudocream behind his left ear but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lintel

Visit site
Oh dear! Thanks very much I've had a good look round is ears in his ears and tail can't see anything but no harm in delousing I suppose. I'm lucky it's never been something my other not has been bothered with!

Visit site
Treat him for lice first and foremost. I, use Spot On. Other than that he is probably too hot with a coat change imminent. Mine let me know he was too hot today by totally destroying his rug. Little g it!

Equi

Visit site
I'm a fan of whacking off the fur. They're just too dense to cope with the quite sudden changes in temperature. My gelding is half clipped and even he is rubbing so he might get the works soon too. None of mine tend to itch much after I've clipped so I can only assume that's the issue. I delouse also just as a precaution.