Rubbish day

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Well, just back from a terrible day at Hendersyde. Dillon and I were just not clicking with our dressage at all, and our marks showed it. Then went xc, which was fine - clear, but didn't really get going until the 2nd half of the course as the first was very kind of stop start. Anyway, for the first time ever we got penalities for being too slow. Only a few, mind you, but I'm really annoyed at myself.
frown.gif

Clear show jumping and he did a nice, smooth round, and I think I ended up 13th (knew I wasn't in top 10 so didn't hang around). But why am I so annoyed with myself?? Dillon just didn't seem his normal spritely self (mind you, 4am start didn't help!), so I think he's telling me he needs some time off - and I feel like I do too, as we've been out every weekend for the last 5 weeks and the thought of doing another one next week is not very appealing. So, think I'm going to withdraw from Houston and see if my wee man perks up after his break. Haven't got anything else on til Blair at the end of the month, so hopefully we'll have recharged our batteries by then.

I'm not being silly, am I? I don't like it when I don't have happy horses.
smirk.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
No you're not being silly. I know you've had a lot more rain than us down here, but I've seen a fair few bored horses who are starting to look a little jarred up. It may not be the case with yours, but you would feel awful if he had a fall or something next week when you knew he wasn't quite right. Are there more events you can aim for in the second half of sept and oct? That's still a respectable result btw, well done and don't knock it!

Visit site
No am with you there completely. Have just given Boz 2 weeks off after he kicked poles out at our last show, (relatively unheard of ) he looks completely bored in the feeled but have vowed not to ride him until Thursday!!

Good luck, hope he comes back to form soon.

Nic

Visit site
Aww what a shame. I hope D is feeling more like himself after a holiday. Don't be too disheartened 13th is more than respectable. I'll be lucky if we don't get the big E next week!
crazy.gif

What are you doing at Blair? We are heading up on the Thursday. We will have to meet up!

Chin up, he will be back to himself in no time xx

sea_view

Visit site
Sounds sensible to me, take a break, I've taken August off from eventing for similar reasons (and to re-stock financially!). Have a break and get back to it after Blair. Our first back is Gleneagles, feels like ages away but it'll be round before we know it!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Have officially withdrawn from Houston and busy planning some fun things to do with D instead (trip to the beach, I think!). Poor boy, only time he seems to go in the lorry is for lessons and to compete. No wonder he's a bit stale.

Also getting my physio to have a look over him just in case and someone's offered some equine massage too (how pampered is he?!) so maybe this should all do the trick.

Got the equitation jumping final at Blair, then back into the swing of things at Gleneagles. I'm sure the break will do us both good.

Nic

Visit site
Aww won't see you at Houston then. Never mind, the horsebox door is always open & the fridge will be well stocked with Bubbly for Blair!
wink.gif

Enjoy the beach and if he is anything like mine, remember your goggles!

xxx

sea_view

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
then back into the swing of things at Gleneagles. I'm sure the break will do us both good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur!

See you at Gleneagles...if not at the beach before that!