rubbish

Tempi

Visit site
Well its official, im not moving yards
frown.gif

Louisa's mum phoned me last night (3 days before i was due to move there) and told me they are putting their house on the market. Now you would think that when i looked round they might have mentioned something to me about this, as they must have known and id also heard a rumour this might be happening too.

So late last night i had to make a grovelling phone call to my current YO (which i begrudge grately) asking to keep my stable and place on her yard. I knew my stable had already been let to someone else but luckily shes going to shift some of the others around so i can keep it...........i just feel really rubbish now as i was so looking forward to moving and there really is nowhere else for me to go.

On top of all that mum wants to sell the horse box and get a smaller one
frown.gif
Id quite like one of the ones we saw at the Cartier (called Theault ) but they dont have enough living space........we're not desparate to get rid of ours, and we know it will sell really easily, but if something smaller comes up that we like then we will be selling it
frown.gif

flohelf

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your move...
frown.gif

Incidentally, wanted to tell you that THEAULT is considered here top class and the best horse box makers on the market.

_jetset_

Visit site
Sorry to hear that P_G, I know how much you were looking forward to moving!

Is there absolutely no where else you can go? Does anyone on here not know of somewhere, might be worth putting a new post asking (sorry if you did this last time).

Have you been in tack shops etc. There must be somewhere you can go where you will be happier, I know how unhappy you are there!

Ginn

Visit site
Oh no hun! what a nightmare! *Big Hugs*. Don't really know what else to say except I hope something sorts itself out with the yard quickly and you decide not to sell the ickle pink box - hopefully your mums just lost a bit of confidence with the blowout you had on saturday. *hugs*

seabiscuit

Visit site
I thought that Louisa was selling up!,I think I mentioned it to you! Rumours have been circuliating around here about it for about the last 6 months....obviously they must have changed their minds several times about selling. That is downright rude!!
How horrid that you have to stay in current yard...now after all this they are going to feel that they have one up on you so to speak....grrr....what happened to that other yard that you were thinking of moving to?

Or you could investigate on what is happening with Cholderton....and see if anyone is due to take over it now....I do very much doubt the story about the owner and think that the last tenants were asked to move.....

What a shame about your beautifull lorry
frown.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Oh no that's rubbish!

Jeez, you would have thought they'd tell you before you arranged to move, think it's a bit inconsiderate really!

Hope you do find somewhere soon, round our way there are loads of lovely little yards you'd never know exsisted until you asked around, hopefully you'll find one for you.

(((HUGS)))

Tempi

Visit site
there really is nowhere near me i can afford unfortunately
frown.gif
think im just going to have to stay put, even if its just over the winter whilst i look for somewhere else. YO is building bloss her own paddock which will be all mine so i wont have a turnout issue anymore. Im hoping 'eventer son' will b*gger off and event somewhere!! its quite at yard atm as all kids are at PC camp
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Davina got kicked out of Cholderton and at the moment its totally shut down. Lady who owns it is in portugal staying in her villa (its alright for some) so noone as yet knows what she is planning on doing with it!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
. Im hoping 'eventer son' will b*gger off and event somewhere!! its quite at yard atm as all kids are at PC camp
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any goss on eventer son? Heard about the new gf but wanted more!!

Sorry to hear bout your troubles- Dizzydolly was talking about a farmer friend poss setting up livery, may be worth a try if theyre building a school

lordflynn

Visit site
sorry to hear about your yard move-they could have warned you. Cant say I can feel sorry about your lorry though as the new sort you are looking at are lovely-wish I could afford one!

JM7

Visit site
sell your lorry...downgrade to a smaller cheaper one, as you've only one horse, and use equity to cover dearer livery in the short term...now that makes financial sense to me.....

BBs

Visit site
OOOHHHH NOOOO sorry to here this PG - you were so looking forward to
frown.gif

Hugs hunny.

See I honestly thought there was no where near me either and look what turned up!! now Im happy settled into my new gaff 3 minutes from work and 10 minutes from home.

I would really go round and knock on doors and ask - theres got to be someone with a menege and stabling behind their house which they had for daughter whose gone to uni for something?

That is really naughty of louisa if they thought they were moving and not telling you
frown.gif

Whose the eventers son? did i miss something? like Boss whats the gossip
wink.gif
BOSS MSN me what you know girl
wink.gif

My YO's son travelled over night from Germany and arrived early this morning - got to the yard before 8am (as chrio was visiting winnie) - well his horses are in the boxes - and he is gutting his lorry so now all his stuff is in the tack room - bless him he looked shattered - mind you my stuff is being moved so and god knows where my bridles have gone - but its only a week - and it is his yard!

Hes only here as lorry is in for plating and hes riding in the IT this weekend at Bicester and Finmere Show - Im hoping he will be able to give me some lessons before he goes back to Germany - his mum has asked him - but Winnie is having 2 days on the walker now as he had to have treatment this morning
smirk.gif

However, i could be like you this time next week wanting my own space back lol

Tempi

Visit site
could do, but i really want to keep it and as i will in the next couple of years be getting another nag we might aswell keep it. Im working on mum and might see if i can take my lorry test when i can afford it!

_jetset_

Visit site
Ooo... didn't know you were planning on getting another!

have you ever thought of looking into Equi-Treks? I have a four star one and it is absolutely fantastic. I can take some photos of it if you like so you can have a nosy. It takes two 17.2hh horses and has a lovely little living bit.

After the initial cost, you don't have to tax it or anything. As long as you have a decent weight 4x4 you can pull it no problems.

Rebecca

Tempi

Visit site
i know, its pants isnt it!!

not really much gossip on him to be honest, hes got a new GF, not sure her name but thats about it. She rides but i wouldnt have thought she competes. (ive seen her ride
blush.gif
)

Tempi

Visit site
does it have living? as i actually quite like the idea of a trailer (as ive always wanted a 4x4!!) and as bloss was so good in one the other day too!! how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

_jetset_

Visit site
I don't mind at all... Yes it does have living! Not massive but has four gas hobs and if you get the 5* it has a toilet although I think you can get one put in mine if I wanted to. You can have hammocks put in if you stay over. I actually love it to bits.

There is also a sink in the living and a water hose for the horse outside, tack locker etc.

I paid just under £11,000 for mine second hand, but you can get them cheaper than that now. The other good thing about them is that the horses travel backwards which Hannahy find much easier, and you can make the partition as wide or as narrow as you like as it is on runners.

Rebecca

_jetset_

Visit site
I tow mine with a BMW X5 but a friend pulls her with an Isuzi (don't think that's right) so I think as long as it is a proper 4x4 you should be fine!

I'll take some photos of mine (you'll have to excuse the mess) and put them on here over the next few days.

Tempi

Visit site
i wouldnt be able to afford the insurance on an X5, altho im sure my mum could!! we'd only have around £15k to spend on a car for towing, and it would have to be a good econmical one.........i really want a 4x4, but unfortunately ive only got two years no claims and ive got points on my liscence (even tho they are over 4 years ago now it still seems to make a difference).

_jetset_

Visit site
A lot of the 4x4s will pull one... discoverys, nissans etc. You don't need an expensive one, just a heavy one. So probably the Land Rovers or something like that.

JM7

Visit site
Christ, only 15k to spend on a tow car????

you could a towing vehicle AND a bloody trailer for that!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Oh poor you! Didn't you only just get your lovely pink lorry?

I have a Freelander for sale! Only 2L though so not huge engine. Has service Hx and warranty though...(can't blame me for trying!!)