Ruddy Mice

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
So peed off with them. Have bins for feed and thought I was doing well as have not seen any for a couple of days but found one this morning had commited suicide in my soaked oats was so peed off as had to throw them away. Thank god it was floating or else I would have had a terrible shock putting it through the sieve.
So have now bought tupperware to do oats in. I think my biggest fear is that I put my arm in a bin for the scoop and one runs up my arm! AGGHHH

Bossanova

Visit site
LMAO- picturing Rodney's face as you offer him a bowl of soaked oats and added mouse tail, would cut down on supplement costs
smirk.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
It was horrible I hate rats and mice. Ruddy Jack Russell is useless.

Irishcobs

Visit site
PMSL. I doubt one would run up your arm, I think they will try to get as far away from you as possible. I often find a floating rat in the water buckets.

GinaB

Visit site
Yuck. Would you not just lay traps? Unusual for a JR not to be good at ratting/mousing! Riding school that I used to go to have a crazy terrier (no idea what all breeds were in it) and a collie that went mad to catch mice and rats!

spooks

Visit site
we had one commit suicide in the ponys water bucket today,first one ive actually seen at the yard. unlike the old yard where the damn things used to sit and watch you!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I read this thread title as 'Muddy Rice', I'm going mad
crazy.gif
blush.gif

I feel for you, mice are a ruddy pain! They live behind our drinkers and people are forever finding floaters in their horses water
crazy.gif

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
something keeps pooing on my straw store i think may be rat droppings, not seen a mouse or rat though, put a poison box out but no takers by the looks of it! i am terrified that i will touch one too! last year they kept going in my haylage and i put my hand in the bag arghh! also one ran over my foot, i am now traumatised!

Pidge

Visit site
Ewwww. sympathise with you as went to move a hay bale on Saturday and went to flick the old leaf off it and it was soft - it was a curled up mouse, don't think it was dead so chucked it in the wheelie bin - yuck yuck yuck yuck

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
crazy.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL!! I read it as "reddy mare"
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I don't mind mice, but RATS!!!! O M G!!!! Luckily haven't seen signs of either at this yard - had both at last yard
crazy.gif
ooo.gif
crazy.gif
ooo.gif

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
crazy.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too..........I'm on here too much obviously
frown.gif
I haven't noticed mice here, but the new kittens seem to catch a few everyday so they are doing their little bit. I'm hoping Canadian mice and rats all go South for the winter
laugh.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
I didn't mind mice until one day picked up the last bale of straw and a whole herd of them leapt up in the air.... I screamed the place down!!

Used to trap them in a 'squasher' until one morning came across one only half dead. Having to physically 'do the deed' gave me the heebie-geebies!!

Last year I trapped nearly one a night in a humane trap, and spent so much time letting them go in the hedgerow down the lane, that I ended up putting a weeks' worth in a hamster cage, keeping them nicely fed and watered and then only doing the 'drop' once a week. If anyone saw me they must think I'm nuts!! I should've tagged them to see if I got the same ones back again.....

K9Wendy

Visit site
It's when they sit and look at you, while nibbling on a pony nut with a 'make me move' little look on their face, makes you laugh! I think they are getting tamer every year!

BBs

Visit site
Eww
frown.gif

Well I think the worse experience was when at the old yard i had corner mangers. The YO used to tip the breakfasts in early, however, when I came to wash out the bowls i had half eaten mice eeeeeek!!!
The mice had got into the bowls and got stuck and with feed poured on top BERTIE bless him would accidently get his chops round the rodent
frown.gif

After this happend a few times I had to mention to the YO to check the bowls before tipping in the breakfast feed
crazy.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
I just hate rats and mice, our yard is just overrun with them. The jack russell has just had puppies so she hasn't been ratting as much hence they are everywhere! They love oats most but they will eat absolutely everything. If you leave a bag of hifi out they will make a nest inside it. They have eaten my body protector, quearter markers, saddlecloths, and the worst thing by far is they used to sleep in my hat yuck yuck.

The horses kill quite a lot of them by stamping or lying on them, but the best way of killing them is to leave oats soaking in a bucket, there are usually at least 5 drowned in there by the morning.

I really don't like the way they jump at me when I go in the hay shed, I was leaning over once and one jumped off a shelf and onto my back. Makes me squirm just thinking about it. And why do they always stagger round the yard half dead instead of dying quietly in their nests when you poison them
confused.gif

Oh, and about the tupperwear box, my super-rodents chewed through a metal dustbin and through the box lid to get to my oats
mad.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
We get loads down out yard. My stable (which has my own tack room at the back) is right on the end next to the muck heap and all the fields so they rend to rule my stable. When I first started soaking oats I found one sat in the bucket floating on top, the little thing was still alive so I scooped it out and it sat in the middle of my tack room for ages in shock. Now they are well covered. They make beds in my folded rugs, have munched on poor barons advent calander and have babies in his banks. Oh and they poo everywhere!!

I dont mind seeing them I just hate the mess they make.

Rats though..thats a different story, I just cant stand the thought of a rat in my stable. Luckily we dont see many and when we do they are down the lane by the fields.

jemima

Visit site
re collecting a weeks worth of mice and then letting them go. Hubby didn't mind the mice until they started eating his chocolate HobNobs - then they had to go. So he'd catch them and take them down the lane for 100 yards or so and then let them go. I was convinced they were the same ones and marked them on the backs of their necks with nail varnish - they WERE the same ones. So then he'd catch them, keep them until there were several in his cage and then take them on the back of his motorbike halfway to his work (about 10 miles) stop the bike and let all the mice out of the cage. None of those ones ever came back!

Agent XXX999

Visit site

I once innocently scooped up a huge rat from the bottom of my feed bin with my feed scoop– I don’t know who was more startled, me or the rat! Urgh it is making me cringe thinking about it how absolutely disgusting it was urgh urgh urgh. The terriers had it in about five minutes (it that hunting with dogs? God, I am going to get myself arrested…)

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
How can you all put up with this! I wont even allow a field mouse near my stables. Seriously when the walker was put in during the summer, a field mouse run from the excavation. I went ballistic! This place is constantly on mouse alert. As for Rats. I would move out
blush.gif

siennamum

Visit site
Aahh I think they are quite sweet. Of course I dislike the damage etc. but think they are very sweet & cuddly.. think I'm alone on this one tho'
(would love a pet rat!)

MagicMelon

Visit site
And the little buggers poop EVERYWHERE! Its so disgusting. Most of my feed is in bins so is fine except some chaff. Dug my hands in for a nice big handful of it and felt something move. Oh lovely, Mrs Mousey running about in my hands - YEUCH YEUCH YEUCH!

Bozzy

Visit site
The row of 5 stables that I'm in had become quite over run so we had a huge clear out at the weekend and emptied our tack rooms of everything (tackrooms are at back of stable)

2 Jack Russells and my boxer managed to kill about 15, plus 2 nests, the other 40 or so got away!

Like MagicMelon, the poo really gets to me, it is everywhere! Plus chewed rugs that stink of wee....arghhhh!