Rug language?

truffles

Visit site
Just wondering what the difference was between "polyfill" and "something something gram filling" or are they just the same thing? Sorry, this must make me sound like a pleb.
blush.gif

Also, wondering if it was possible to put a thermatex multi-purpose under a lightweight turnout to upgrade it to a Middleweight one, and would this work? Or is it just worth buying a separate MW?

Thanks
smile.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
Hmmm, I think they must be the same - so you'd get 'x' grams of polyfill...

Re Thermatex/Coolex/Thermalux - it would work it terms of keeping horse warm but wouldn't recommend it if a) horse is an active roller or b) the Thermatex is deeper than the outside rug

truffles

Visit site
Yep, I think they are the same now I think about it lol!

Well, she (being horse to be) did pull something having a loon in the field, so is most likely to be a roller, so..*gasp* oh NO. I must buy a MW. *sob*

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks for your help Sal_E
smile.gif
x

allijudd

Visit site
polyfill ids like a cotton wool fibre which would have its density in weight..most insulating stuff is rated in tog..the higher the tog the more insulating.......

Gingernags

Visit site
Who needs excuses!??

I have a summer, medium and heavywieght turnout and a spare heavyweight in case one gets soaked (but to be fair, my spare rug is 11 years old and still going strong!)

I think its better to have the choice though you can layer say a basic cooler underneath. The thermatex rugs are very deep though so chances are it would hang out under the top rug and get filthy/muddy/wet.

I always get confused with weights too as I'm used to oz not g but if it helps...

Ounces... 1oz.........2oz.........4oz.........6oz..........8oz.........10oz..........12oz
Grams...... 28gm.....57gm.....113gm....170gm.....227gm......284gm.........340gm

So 12oz/340g is heavy, 8/227 medium and 4/113 light and of course most summer have no fill at all.