Rug not received

dixie

Visit site
I ordered two rugs the other day from a fairly well known retailer. This was delivered to my home address a couple days later and left in a "safe" place.
Upon picking up the package it had been tampered with and one of the rugs was missing (typically the expensive one).
Now I don't believe it was stolen from my "safe place" as why would someone slit the bag open - very carefully I may add - and only take one - they would surely just take the whole bag plus also my other rugs in the open shed around the corner.
The delivery people took a photo of where they left it and in my opinion the bag does look light for two rugs. I believe something happened to it whilst at the depot. It was a pretty big bag so I wouldn't be surprised if the actual delivery driver just didn't notice and after all he didn't know how heavy it should have been.
The Retailer are now taking this up with the courier company but I am now a rug down and a tidy sum.
Would you expect a replacement rug or a refund? I know that if left in a safe place the risk is mine but I don't believe it was delivered in the first place. I did pay by Paypal so if I have no joy with the company direct I will try this route.

dixie

Visit site
I’ve heard from them tonight. They took it up with the courier and are sending me a replacement rug today, so all’s ended well - or it will when I receive it.