Rug Repairs

horseriderdeb

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get my trashed rugs repaired. Don't need washing as my youngster has probably only worn them a few days before trashing. Needs to be near junction 25 of the M1. Risley want to wash and reproof them so they are a no go

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
It is standard practice to wash them before repair for hygiene reasons - I do rug washing and repair and everything has to be washed before repair as I do 't expect the people who do repairs to handle dirty rugs as they repair other things as well. As a customer would you be happy if your clean rug came back with dirt on it or with a lice infestation or something?:confused:

I realise it is an extreme example but as some one who sees rugs up close on a daily basis I can tell you the wash rule is for good reason. Your other option is to patch/repair it yourself until you have it cleaned and repaired properly.:)

unicornleather

Visit site
As slinkyunicorn has said it's the hygeine,(health and safety act)for instance rats (which are everywhere whether we see them or not) regularly crawl on rugs, even when they are on the horses and they can carry a variety of diseases, weils being the main nasty. If we handle rugs that haven't been washed there is a chance we can contract weils through a cut on our hands.Also, even rugs that appear "clean" usually have some dirt on them as well as a horse smell, this dirt even a tiny amount gets on our sewing machines and into the workings, it acts as a grinding paste that wears the machine out as well as making them smell of horses. If we are using the machines for new work as well as repairs we then transfer the dirt and smell onto the new stuff!
THAT'S why we always insist on having rugs washed'
Oz