Ruggles rugs

Chianti

Visit site
Has anyone else bought one of their turn out rugs and found it to be pretty hopeless? I bought a 1200D, teflon coated, light weight turn out in April this year. My pony has worn it a handful of times.

He wore it today when it was raining and when he's come in it's soaked through.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh don't say that... I've just ordered one! 😲 It'll soon het tested so will report back. Have you contacted them?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I got a 4ft lw no fill full neck for my delicate mini, back in early March, she wore it 3 days running and on the 3rd day it did rain steadily for 5 hours - it leaked on every seam and she was sodden on her loins and shivers when I got to yard after work.
Not impressed, they wouldn't take back as had been worn 3 times. Wouldn't have another from there based on my experience.

HBB

Visit site
They really are awful rugs, I don't understand the hype regarding them. A few people I know bought them after reading positive reviews on here and FB pages, they didn't last long, poor fit and let in rain.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yes! Mine was absolute rubbish from day one! I mean rediculously awful.
I’ve since read so many good things about them though I do wonder if mine slipped through the waterproofing net perhaps. I do wish I’d sent mine back now. I’d defo get in touch with them as it does seem not the norm.

Chianti

Visit site
I emailed them and to give them credit they've come back straight away. Asked me if I've washed it - which I haven't- and if it had leaked all over - which it had.

I got to the yard nearly two hours after he'd come in and he was still wet in places. Hopefully they will give me a refund but from previous comments I'm not that confident.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
I've clearly got one of the good ones! I bought a LW turnout (50g fill) for my old cob a couple of weeks ago after reading good reviews on here. It has been raining most of the day and was around 8 degrees when I got to the yard. The YO had popped the rug on this morning and the pony was warm and dry. My non-horsey husband commented on how well fitting the rug looked. Hopefully it will stay good!

Fiona

Visit site
I've had four ruggles rugs over the years, LW and MW, and all have been completely waterproof. The oldest is about three years now.

Fiona

Surbie

Visit site
I've just bought the 50g turnout after recommendations on here. Am assuming it will be tested soonish and i hope it's ok.

SEL

Visit site
Mine has a Ruggles rainsheet on all day today and it was fine. The other one was in a Shires and that seems to have given up tho. I'd kick up a fuss and say it's not fit for purpose if its that new and leaking.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
That's good to know at least. I really can't afford for my mare to be getting cold or wet at all, so I really hope we won't have this problem, but at least if the rug doesn't work as intended we can send it back!