rugs AGAIN (Mark Todd) so sorry to bore you

Malibu

Visit site
Well i have been looking at earlier posts with regards to mark todd rugs and a few are saying they come up small or for tb build, Rupert is not heavy at all but is half hanoverian so bit broader than full tb, So im not sure if it will rup or be tight at shoulders and front!

I really need some advice as i need a heavy turnout and heavy stable and ligtweight turnout and lightweight stable.

The lightweight tunout can weight as i wont need it untill next year and i have just bougt a light weight stable and i thought i would get the mark todd stable and combo turnout however the rambo he has MW is perfect fit so do i buy the duo or a rambo heavy weight(same price as duo) and not risk the Markk todd not fitting!

golly sorry guys just i am going to be spending about 250 pounds on rugs if i get a rambo so want to make the right choice.

ruscara

Visit site
Hi! I have this Mark Todd turnout rug, and I have found it to be one of the best rugs I have ever had. It fits my horse very well, and he's not finely built. I have the neck cover, too, and I am happy that he's warm and dry in the worst weather in the winter. Cannot recommend it highly enough - and it's a lot cheaper than the Rambo, too! Here he is in it:
Photo-0044.jpg
(Just an excuse for a pic of him!
grin.gif
)

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh and another question- what is the difference between rhino and rambo ( i ahve never had a rhino) are they just as good?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Rhinos are a less heavy denier I think, so maybe not as suitable for 'rug thugs'! LOL
They don't have the 3rd central surcingle either but many still have the front 'v-closure' & the 'snugfit' (I think it's called!) neck cover fitting.

We have a number of Rhinos & I have always found them to be of excellent quality, an excellent fit & of very good durability!
The colour of the turnouts depends on the neck style you want, i.e. blue check is the combo, chestnut check is the half-neck & the green check is the standard neck, the latter also only comes with the original chest fastening style I think, (i.e. not the 'v-closure').

Mark Todd rugs are a good fit on most things, though I found they came up a little small & the turnouts, (even on the mini-TB shaped LBO) I thought were a little shallow in cut.
Both CB & FOO needed the next size up in the stable rug to accommodate their broad shoulders & they wouldn't be my first choice for a chumky one but lovely rugs nonetheless!
smile.gif

Elise

Visit site
I've got the Mark Todd universal rug for my Dutch warmblood X who has a very large chest area and it fits really well - not tight at all! A lot of rugs do not give him enough room at the front but I have have found the Mark Todd one and Weatherbeeta ones to be a great fit. Hope that helps!