Rugs keep falling to one side

Rusky

Visit site
My horses' rugs always seem to slip to one side regardless of the make. I intend to buy new ones this year but reluctant to pay too much if same thing happening.
P. S. Pony's rugs don't slip and he has same make as big boys!

wiglet

Visit site
I've seen Bucas rugs sit crooked on many horses. Otherwise I'd suspect something wonkey in the horses body.
I had a Bucas TO rug and it was a gorgeous rug - really well made and the click and go front fastening made the rug so snug and comfortable for my horse - no gaping front BUT, the rug ALWAYS slipped to one side. Shame really, I never use it now.

spacefaer

Visit site
I had a horse whose rugs always slipped, regardless of make. Both stable and field. I put it down to his shape - he was ID X TB but built like an old fashioned chaser. He had bony withers, was narrow across the shoulders but had wide hips and a massive muscly bum. Everything twisted round on him!

Trouper

Visit site
My first stop would be the physio to check the way he moves before shelling out on a different rug. It may throw up some things that might make him feel more comfortable??

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
If it’s happening with all your rugs then it could well be the way the horse moves. If he’s got low grade lameness or is unevenly muscled then the rugs may slip round.

^^^^ This.

My chiropractor said this is frequently the case and after examination she will quite often find there's a problem when an owner has said the "rugs are slipping round".

Get your horse checked over would be my advice.

paddi22

Visit site
some rugs just always do this... I'd one horse that it kept happening on and the only brand that worked were the Rambo wugs. the way the neck is cut stopped them twisting