Rugs on Rugs off

Scoopy

Visit site
What is going on with the weather at the mo, my boy is out 24 / 7 and goes out with a light rain sheet at night, its getting so cold at night now i might have to go up another level of rug. I do have a wimpy TB.

But the other night i was stuck in traffic and OH said dont worry i will go and but his rug on for you, now only a man can put a rug on inside out and back to front, when i turned up he was still trying to make the rug fit, but i do give him 10/10 for effort !
tongue.gif

Is anyone else in the same boat as me !
blush.gif
i am a good mummy !
smile.gif

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
No rugs here either, just a fly sheet on my boy as he is still being bombarded with pesky flys. Its certainly cooler here but no where near cold enough for rugs yet (thank goodness!)

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Murph had a rain sheet on last week when it was pouring but other than that he has access to his stable at all times to get out of the cold (of course he doesn't use it though!). I think they are forecasting a wet and windy Autumn
mad.gif

sham

Visit site
Rugs here! I too would be considering putting a more substantial rug on if they both hadn't trashed their winter rug collection last winter.
The weather has gotten so cold and miserable now, I've even got my winter duvet back on my bed.

RachelB

Visit site
Usually at the mo we have fly rugs or nothing, but it's meant to be colder tonight so I might have to rug mine (not got much condition on) and my friend's 18yo anglo (total wimp). So no you're not the only one really!
*toddles off to check different forecasts*

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss is only out for two hours a day in the evening at the mo (as she has no field for this week
frown.gif
) so shes not wearing a rug out, however shes wearing a summer sheet in her stable at night to get her coat nice for the nationals. Shes not getting hot under it, as shes drinking the exact same amount of water as usual and is always quite happy in the mornings!

barkinghorse

Visit site
Yes, William has a rainsheet on at night, off in the day but last night i left him in with a summer sheet on as it was wet and windy outside and felt damp.
He is a TB too, and has no hair.
debated putting a rain sheet on this morning, but didn't and am now thinking of going back and putting one on!!
I'm soft too!!!
Jo xx

bertiewooster

Visit site
You're not alone! I put Milly's LW turnout on this time last week for a couple of days because it had been SO hot and then went windy and wet and I was worried about the sudden change in temperature affecting her. I must admit I felt a bit over-protective, but better safe than sorry.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
YO's PUK hopefuls have rugs on at the moment, because they're natives and get hairy at the drop of a hat. But as soon as the finals are over they'll be rugless again.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yep, my wimpy horse has a lightweight rain sheet on. I refuse to go up a level to anything filled though! He shivers at the sight of rain.......

My other hardy boys are naked though! Its bloody freezing outside though!

Ginn

Visit site
Nope! No rugs till atleast october at this rate! I'm a big believer that being stuck out in the rain dos a lot of good for the horses coat.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Our rugs are still definitely off until at least October but then ours have a bit of Irish Draught in them which helps!

You are a very good Mummy though and I'm sure Sky appreciates all the effort you put in!

Nic

Visit site
I tried to put his one with no filling in on him last night but he seemed grumpy so took it off again.
blush.gif

But looking at him up the field on my lunch he looks a little "fluffed up" so it will be going on tonight if this weather continues. It is freezing here, pouring & blowing a gale
crazy.gif

maddielove

Visit site
i'm leaving maddie's off as she is still pretty fat so i'm hoping she can use it up to keep her warm...i'm thinking by september we'll have it on. she needs clipped in october cause she gets so hairy so quickly!! and it's really uncomfotable how sweaty she gets

Claireg9

Visit site
Double scoop... cant beleive you have a rug on at all let alone thinking of moving up to a bigger one! lol
You live only a little way away from me and i would even consider it, its still 16 odd degrees overnight
smile.gif

Ah well i suppose TB are whimps, but please dont go up a rug or you'll end up with 5 winter turnouts on him by the depths of the winter especially as were forecast a bad'un!
poor ickle Tb's they need more meat on there bones xx

Scoopy

Visit site
LMAO at 16 deg, this morning it was 10 deg ! and it rained hard all night, but he is on a hill and the wind goes right through him, But remeber this is the first time he has been out to grass so he is a wimp !
grin.gif
grin.gif
xx

K9Wendy

Visit site
No rugs with us yet either. Last year we rugged too early and Bee spent her time riping the rug to shreds as she was overheating!! Rain doesn't seem to bother her much!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ok ok, Ive given in! I SWORE I wouldnt put rugs on my others, but my old boy now has a rug on....... he looked chilly ok!!!!

And a good excuse to chuck on new 4yo's very first rug! He's never worn one before about 2 hours ago! Went round bucking a little but took to it ok. Even hurled a saddle on him today for first time and he couldnt care less!