rugs- rambo/mark todd? opinions, help needed

Malibu

Visit site
so we ordered bucas celctic full neck stable heavy rug, still with labels and in package and alsoa bucas power lightweight silver turnout. Both never taken out of bag, Only to realise the outer label says 6'6 and not 6'0!!! I just realised today and so too late to send back! So not sure what to do witht hem but know Rupert has no heavy stable rug and he is supposed to be coming in stable from now on tonight! I also need to buy him a heavy turnout

so i have narrowed it down to the rambo plus or rambo duo or mark todd combo turnout. for stable rugs either the duo used as one or a mark todd or rambo

i need help as i ahve alwasy used rambo for my tb x con but ru is hanox tb and bigger shoulders and rugs seem to slip back on him, any opinions on any of the rugs, whats better value etc?

samp

Visit site
Mark Todd all the way. You maybe able to swao your Bucas. My friend got a 6'6" duo Rambo, however never used it sold her horse bought a new one which took 7' and the company was happy to take it back as it was a straight swap so you could try that?

Tempi

Visit site
i love the mark todd rugs, Bloss has a MW turnout with detachable hood and the HW stable rug with detachable hood and they are both fab never rub or slip back.

Stasha22

Visit site
I have both the Rambo Plus and the Mark Todd combo turnout and love them both. I would say the Rambo is slightly better quality, but then it is more expensive.

Malibu

Visit site
Sahll i just try it on and see, not sure if buccas come up a bit small, he has a 6'0 rambo wug which fits perfectly i woudl say but aslo a few 6'3, not sure if i should just try the bucas stable on him?

Greyhound

Visit site
PPPPHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

Just reading some of the replies lol thanks P_G.

I ordered/bought the Mark Todd heavy weight stable and neck and also the medium stable this week.

Both of those cost me what I was looking to pay for one Rambo, just cant condone the money when it will only get covered in poop lol!

Gh

Malibu

Visit site
thanks for all your help, i tried on the bucas stable rug and possible if very fussy a bit big but really i woudl say an almost perfect fit if i put the 6'3 i think it owuld be too tight at front so i shall keep that so just need a turnout and i think the duo would be fine then i dont need ot buy another under rug! thanks all

Parkranger

Visit site
Why not go for Premier Equines turnouts? Half the price and just as good - I've compared the two in the flesh so to speak and I don't see the difference. PE is a 450g filling too.....

Peanot

Visit site
I have the Mark Todd HW turnout and the MW Rambo high neck (not combo) turnout and I love them both. They are both good fits, don`t leak and don`t move.

(*touch wood* as I don`t want to go to the yard tonight to find the mw hanging around her neck)

JessPickle

Visit site
I love mark todd, both pickle (chunky cyclesdale x) and henry (fine tb x) have them and they fit both of them and rub neither of that. I am a bit fan of these rugs

Jemayni

Visit site
I like the mark todd becos there cheaper but still fit really well, I also think they fit finer horses better! I do find the sizes quite small. My 15.1 wears MT 6ft3, and my 14.1 wears MT 5Ft9 to give you a guide

Sal_E

Visit site
Blimey Jemayni, you must have chunky horses! My 15.3hh fair-boned TB wears 6'3 Mark Todd! I would have guessed at your 15.1hh at needing a 6'0...