Rugs

Tempi

Visit site
Well its that time of year when i need to start thinking about Bloss's wardrobe!!

Im trying really really hard to find a lightish weight stable rug with a detachable hood. The hood MUST be detachable, and prefereably gussets in the shoulders of the rug.

Anyone know where i can get one? make dosent bother me, obviously the cheaper the better!!

Nic

Visit site
Not sure if they do one in the spec you are looking for, but I have just got 2 fab bargains from equestrianclearance.com and they arrived in 5 days
grin.gif

GinaB

Visit site
Have a wee look on eBay, just might be able to find good bargains. Either second hand or brand new. There's a number of people have eBay tacks shops that sell brand new, but good prices as they may be end of the line or factory seconds.

acolvine

Visit site
Try the FAL slumberdown range. Suits most budgets.

They have lightweights with detachable hoods. I have a lovely purlple number! Comes in handy on its own or as a layer.

Tempi

Visit site
just had a look at them, the neck bit isn't suitable for her, it needs to be in a design like the mark todd ones with clips, as otherwise all her mane gets rubbed out as her neck is HUGE!!

Tempi

Visit site
i need one with a hood for when shes clipped, but ones that just clip on (like the mark todd range) not zip on as otherwise her mane gets rubbed out.......ive given up tho, i actually dont think you can get them........mayb i can invent one............

_jetset_

Visit site
Hi P_G... I had to get rid of my Mark Todd ones because the actual clip gave my mare a really bad sore on her withers and then on her neck where it attached.

All her mane would be rubbed off (she also has a huge neck!) so I also went on a shopping spree and bought a Weatherbeeta stable rug which was absolutely fantastic buy because it doesn't have a seam and her mane stayed intact last year! It is attached but it is only velcroed at the front and you can make it as tight or slack as you want it to be...

Tempi

Visit site
really? my friend had the weatherbeeta one and her horse had no mane left by the end of the winter....i suppose it all comes down to your own horse in the end, whats good for one might not be good for another..........

Gingernags

Visit site
The Weatherbeeta Fusion is a really nice shape. It fits the ginger ones big shoulder without rubbing, which is a novelty these days. Not sure if you can get a neck cover for it but I *think* you can as I'm sure mine has D's on it...

Not cheap but a very, very good rug! They do a lightweight version.

acolvine

Visit site
Why don't you just get an underrug with a neck. Just put it under a light weight poly. You can get thin duvet like ones so they are nice and soft with no join to irritate the mane.

Rambo

Visit site
Why does everyone think their horses need neck covers while they are standing in the stable
crazy.gif
I have never used one, and they never even existed until about 10 years ago. I can understand why you might put one on a turnout rug, but not a stable rug surely
shocked.gif

Tempi

Visit site
PERFECT!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!! thats exactly what i was looking for!!

just ordered one, am skint now til end of month
frown.gif

But at least Blossy will be ok!!!!!!

Tempi

Visit site
Because she is fully clipped in the winter, it keeps her warm when its cold and it keeps her coat nice in the winter, and its how i choose to look after my horse.

Rambo

Visit site
As you say, your horse, your choice...i just wondered why you thought it necessary ? Mine have always been fully clipped too, and never seemed to get cold
crazy.gif

No matter though
smile.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
In general though if you have a fully clipped horse turned out in a neck cover - its much colder on a night, they can't move around as much to keep warm when stabled, and if you are in a big draughty barn they may need a neck cover indoors more than outdoors.

EllieBeast

Visit site
i use a weatherbeeta full neck under-rug for extra warmth in winter. but then again my horse lives out 24/7 with a full clip so i layer thinner rugs, it makes her look like the michelin man when she is turned out at night. bad mother....
Sarah xXx

Croeso

Visit site
I have a 5'9 stable rug for sale with hood (not detatchable thou!)

I am only in andover (at the mo, moving to south wales at the weekend)

MagicMelon

Visit site
Weatherbeeta do fab rugs. They have such a vast selection Im sure they'd do what you want?

rambo - I buy stable ones with the neck bits attached. None of mine are even stabled, even in the winter!! But they are fab for chucking on at freezing cold horse events in the winter. Keeping the neck up keeps the wind off etc. If its not too cold then I simply fold the neck bit back. I couldnt deal with the hasstle of taking the neck bit on and off all the time, why when you can just fold??!