rugs

Shooby

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> </span> hi wonder if anyone can give me some advice, i recently had a rug washed by local tack shop, i went to put it on my horse last night and have found that it has been faded quite dramatically, it looks like a tie dye tshirt, i certainly didnt give it to them like that, the shop have said it is the usual wear and tear on a rug and the fading is down to the elements and my horse must roll in a certain way whilst wearing this rug!!! please help i need advice on what to do next

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Have you anyone (YO/YM )who can vouch that the rug wasnt at all that way when it went to be washed? You could try trading standards i think, but it'd be hard to prove.

vicky555

Visit site
How old is the rug? If it is brand new then perhaps you should contact the manufacturer. Regardless of the age, the manufacturer will be able to tell under what conditions the "fade" might happen. Depending on what they tell you, you can decide the next step. Hope this helps Vxx

Malibu

Visit site
we had a stable rug washed about a month ago and i put it on my boy only to find a massive rip! So we took it back and they repared it but if they coudnt they were gong to pay for a new one, so i suggest you appeal to them that you woudl like money for a new one or if they can somehow repair it if possible!

eekmon

Visit site
One girl at our yard had a rug washed and it had shrunk when it came back! She did nothing about it though! She sold it to someone with a smaller horse!
blush.gif

Louby

Visit site
We sent ours off and some of the Rhinos came back like mini skirts. Thankfully mine were ok as I would have had heart failure. The Lady did compensate one of the people whos rug linings went all lumpy.

K9Wendy

Visit site
Actually, we had this happen with a rug last year, it was a L/W turnout and very muddy. I decided since it was ligthweight I could do it in the washing machine. Hubbie pressure hosed it outside first and immediately you could see faded areas, mostly along the back edge (above and around tail flap), shoulders and sides, exactly all the places where Bee either rubs her rug along or leans over a fence. It was like looking at a finger print of her daily day! She mostly turns round in her stable at an angle wher she just drags the back end of her rug along the wall and it is worse there (to the point of rubbing a couple of small holes).

Had I sent this rug to be washed I might have assumed it was their fault! It's a hard one, if you were 100% sure that your rugs were in 100% prefect condition before then definately challenge them but maybe like me, you didn't see the fading &amp; wear because of the mud!