Run free Flicka

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Let my beautiful girl go to pastures new today. She's been a walking vets bill since September last year. Scoping her in Feb found a food bolus at the entrance to her stomach. This morning she had managed to get trapped in the new fence-thought she'd broken a leg. Vet attended and my fab farrier helped cut her out. She started colicking a while after vet left so I rang them. Administered oral buscopan and bute but it was clear that wasn't going to help so I took her to hospital. They scoped her again and found a gastric impaction half the size of her stomach.

Made the decision to set her free. She's been having recurrent colic for a few months so it's clear something is amiss. There's a vet in Kent doing some research into gastric problems and I agreed for samples to be taken from her for this.

We all went to say goodbye to her, she has always had an affinity with my youngest son, to see her just nuzzling his face bought tears to my already leaking eyes. She was the kindest, most gentlest pony I've ever had. I'm going to miss her terribly. The last pony I had out of my foundation mare so she was extra special and always will be.

Run free my angel. Go and find Benji. Xxx

palo1

Visit site
Let my beautiful girl go to pastures new today. She's been a walking vets bill since September last year. Scoping her in Feb found a food bolus at the entrance to her stomach. This morning she had managed to get trapped in the new fence-thought she'd broken a leg. Vet attended and my fab farrier helped cut her out. She started colicking a while after vet left so I rang them. Administered oral buscopan and bute but it was clear that wasn't going to help so I took her to hospital. They scoped her again and found a gastric impaction half the size of her stomach.

Made the decision to set her free. She's been having recurrent colic for a few months so it's clear something is amiss. There's a vet in Kent doing some research into gastric problems and I agreed for samples to be taken from her for this.

We all went to say goodbye to her, she has always had an affinity with my youngest son, to see her just nuzzling his face bought tears to my already leaking eyes. She was the kindest, most gentlest pony I've ever had. I'm going to miss her terribly. The last pony I had out of my foundation mare so she was extra special and always will be.

Run free my angel. Go and find Benji. Xxx

So sorry - it is the saddest duty but she was lucky to have you there to make that decision.

SilverLinings

Visit site
It sounds as though you've had a bit of a hard time with her lately, but nothing makes the decision any easier. It sounds as though she was a lovely pony and that she meant a lot to your family, I hope that you and your son are ok.

Baywonder

Visit site
I am so, so sorry. ?

The right decision is always the most heart breaking one to make. <<Hugs>>

Bionic Boy

Visit site
I’m so sorry. It sounds like you done the hardest thing for you but the kindest thing for her.
Run pain free Flicka.

Sleipnir

Visit site
So very sorry. Virtual hugs, if you need some! You gave to her the biggest gift we can give to our ailing animals as their caretakers....