Running plait query

piaffe

Visit site
Just a quick question.

obviously you start at the top (!
blush.gif
). BUT, do you take the pieces that you intend to add to the plait from the top of the mane, below, or wherever?

confused.gif

sorona

Visit site
You start a plait just behind the horses ear and then take a section directly beside that and pick it up with the next strand to be plaited; how tight you pull it towards the neck will determine if you have the running plait very close tot he crest of the neck or whether you have it workin gits way down the neck which is nic eon a very long mane. Each time you are plaiting one strand of the plait, you pick up another small section further down the neck. Make sure you work the plait down the neck as you go or the horse will not be able to bend its neck!

piaffe

Visit site
hmmm thanks!
blush.gif

Think i need to think about it with a mane in front of me, i feel that i have confused myself!
blush.gif
Sod it, ill just do a lattice plait again!

meandmyself

Visit site
It's much easier with the horse in front of you! Just think about it as one sided corn plaiting. If I can do it, so can you!
laugh.gif

burtie

Visit site
It's just like doing a tail plait (or a french plait in a persons hair), except you only pick up new hair each time you cross the your right hand over.

Well that's how I do them anyway!!

Not sure if that description actually helps
confused.gif
!