Runningwell Equestrian

maggiestar

Visit site
Hi everyone, back in the late 1990's I used to go riding at Runningwell near Wickford in Essex and have such fond memories of the horses there - Chester, Dusty, Solo, Yogi, Megan, Rosie, Mickey and Digby etc. I'd love to know if anyone remembers these lovely neds and whether any of them are still around. Thanks!

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I know Runningwell in the late 90s as I sold my horse to Alf who owned it at the time. My horse a chestnut 16hh well built Welsh x was taught high school work by Alf, which he was brilliant at and then used as an experienced ride lightly on the school he was called BFG (real name Lloyd). Do you remember him?

maggiestar

Visit site
Omg, yes I remember BFC! He was a lovely, dignified lad. Apparently he'd been trained to rear on command which was a bit scary! I rode him once I think. Do you remember Karen the instructor?

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Meant to say, that was Chester who reared, not BFG! He was gorgeous. Is he still there?

BFG reared on command and did the spanish walk. No sadly he was sold to one of the ladies who rode him - I met her and kept in touch. His age was exaggerated as 4 years younger than he was, however he did have low mileage. I had owned him from a yearling until 16 years old.
Sadly he got laminitis at 22 years old and the owner had him pts.
Yes I remember Karen - I liked her. Her mare had that gorgeous foal :)