s/j hits horse after it refuses!-grade A !!!

matthew

Visit site
I went to a country fair today to watch the area trials- this is grade A leval. A female competitor had 2 fences down then her horse put a stop in at the 2nd part of the combination and sends her flying out the front door! she hangs on to the horse and belts it one! the people in the stands shouted out and the commentator then askes her to come to the judges box! was nice to see that she was reprimanded for her actions! what action would the judges take? can she be fined or just get a slapped wrist??

seza

Visit site
A report is sent to the bsja and then they decide on the action. Previous behaviour is taken into account. If it is serious there is a hearing alternatively they send the rider (and a copy to the owner) a letter warning them not to do this again. They can have anything from a reprimand to a suspension depending upon how severe the incident was. The details remain on file.

Judie

Visit site
What ever level you're competing at, the ring is not the time or place to have that sort of conversation with your horse.

Ecila

www.freewebs.com
i just circle and go back to try again! I think a horse often refuses bevause it either has its striding wrong or it knows its not going to do it!

Then again some are plain naughty!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Definitely not... and although it's probably the last thing the rider is thinking of when they have just been decked, they have to realise tha lots of young riders will be watching and could think this was acceptable behaviour. I think the BSJA have to be quite careful with cases like this because it does create a bad image of the sport to outsiders... although there are many a times when you just feel like shouting at your horse, a lot of the time you just do not do it!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
What ever level you're competing at, the ring is not the time or place to have that sort of conversation with your horse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much worse to have a go at it later when it's forgotten what why it's being told off or behind closed doors though!
I'm very pleased to hear that the judges had a word with her. It's certainly not acceptable behaviour in my book, but I see similar behaviour quite often at shows.
I expect she just got a telling off
frown.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Well agree not the time and the place - however if a Grade A stops in second part of a combination and floors you too, I can kind of understand being peed off with it!

I think I 'may' have done the same once to my grade C who had been jumping 4ft show jumps and then decided he didn't want to jump a 2ft xcountry jump, but he was really taking the piss and knew it!