sacroiliac problems along with arthritis in the facet joints.

willfuleventer

New User
Visit site
Hi there,

Was wondering what people's success rates were with injections into the sacroiliac joint? And also the facet joint along the spine?

My 9 year old mare has just had both done after a scintigraphy had shown these as problem areas. You would not have known that she was sore or stiff in theses joints apart from stopping at a few jumps, which was un-like her.

The vet has said that we will know in 6 weeks if she will be able to make a recovery or not.

Hoping someone would have some good news that she might get back out jumping again, or what has happened with your horse in this situation? How long did recovery take and what did you do to help it along?

Green Bean

Visit site
Hi Wilfuleventer, just checking on whether you had any success with the injections into the sacroiliac joint for your mare? I am facing something similar so keen to know how it went

Dyllymoo

Visit site
The injection worked in the short term for my mare, however she also had PSD in both hinds and negative rotation of pedal bones in both front feet. Unfortunately her SI needed rehab and her PSD needed rest, after resting and then rehabbing she had an awful explosion, then was retired (around 1 year after initial diagnosis) and unfortunately PTS 2 months later as her PSD had got substantially worse and she was in pain.

I think the combination was the issue.