Sad but true...I need someone (trailer) knowledgable

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
to please tell me what model Rice this is?

Now please don't be mean, I dont need to know it is old and shabby (with a strong sound floor before you ask) but it is my 1st trailer and I am a very excited bunny (I am going on hols in not too many hours and am more excited about my trailer haha - good job OH doesnt come on here!)

The all important badge that provides the info is currently painted over, until I collect it I wont be able to scratch it off to see and I am just not patient enough! (I will be re-painting).

I have tried to find out on Rice website but...

Thanks peeps x

92f050b6.jpg

I did add a "rear view" but the photos are so big I thought one would be enough?!

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
hehe I (feel like I) have been doing that for weeks....that is how I found it but the closest I can get is "Beaufort Popular" which I actually thought was 2 different models?

I went to a show today (minus trailer) and definitely learnt that Rice is in the minority to Ifor Williams :( Next time maybe x

biccie1

Visit site
Let me know if you find out as I have the same model (just in green). Unfortunately mine has no ID on it so I've never known!

rockysmum

Visit site
Photos of the back, tow hitch and full side view would help. Could also give an idea of age as the axles changes and they went onto smaller wheels about 20 years ago.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I emailed Rice Richardson about mine. There's no plate on mine and they weren't able to tell me the precise model/year but they sent me an old brochure and which one they believed it resembled most closely, from the pictures and measurements I sent them.

rockysmum

Visit site
I think Wessex trailers took over rice but not sure of that

If right then wessex may be able to help

No it was Richardson. If you get the chassis number they can trace the model.

If its missing you can get some idea if the plate is still attached to each of the axles. It gives numbers for the axle manufacturers to get you replacement parts.

crabbymare

Visit site
Thats one of the very early ones, looks like a Farmers Hunt one to me. They came in with or without front unload and were very well built.

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
Rice Beaufort Definitly not a Farmers Hunt which was a 2 horse bluff fronted trailer with strangthened floor for Cattle you could just squeeze 5 10cwt beast into one:D I know from experience.

rockysmum

Visit site
Just had a look through my photobucket. Unfortunately I never took pics of my trailers, they were just in the background.

I found these of a double Rice Beaufort (definately as it still had all the plates on it) This was one of the newer ones on the Avonride axles not the old Land Rover ones which had much larger wheels.

This would be about 15 to 20 years old now and your looks similar. Just cant see the size of the wheels very well from your pics. It had metal back top doors but I used to remove them sometimes as they rattle rather a lot. And it didn't have the old screw down tow hitch but a modern one. Although people tend to replace these with new ones anyway.

horsesjune2005030.jpg

tillypassport2044.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
Who checked your floor? Just make sure it is sound underneath the new top! Very exciting to be mobile though!

They have been underneath it and we will be taking it to a wood merchants before putting my boy in it to get everything further checked and "made good" if needed - it will be tested to within an inch of its life I assure you

THEN

I will be moving the tack room and more than my boys weight in wood pellets before he is allowed in it, I am being extra extra cautious fear not but thank you :)