Sad news about Pat Burgess

J&S

Visit site
Oh, very sad. I was lucky enough to have attended a series of jumping clinics with Ringwood and District Riding Club taken by her. She really consolidated my NF pony's jumping power and ability for me. The proof was in the pudding, so to speak, when she came second in the Open WH class at the Breed Show later that year.

hobo

Visit site
Even I have had a jumping lesson with her I seem to remember it was 3 hours long group lesson with tea and biscuits. Starting right at the begining and carrying on through I was very nervous but she was so good but I declined to do the course at the end but did all the poles and grids. I was upset that the local collage stopped having her because I would have liked to go again.

Great teacher and horsewoman.

asmp

Visit site
Even I have had a jumping lesson with her I seem to remember it was 3 hours long group lesson with tea and biscuits. Starting right at the begining and carrying on through I was very nervous but she was so good but I declined to do the course at the end but did all the poles and grids. I was upset that the local collage stopped having her because I would have liked to go again.

Great teacher and horsewoman.
I’d forgotten she used to bring tea and biscuits!?

TheMule

Visit site
Pat was an absolute legend- simply the kindest person to both horses and humans that you ever could imagine.
If anyone else remembers her fondly please consider donating a small amount to the Wilton RDA as that meant more to her than almost anything else.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
hobo, as a confirmed nervous nelly I preferred all the grid work to the ‘fun time’ course at the end, too :D. Pat would be daring me not to go for a ‘long one’!

They were 3 hour group clinics, with maybe 6 or so riders in each session? I travelled about 3 hours each way to get them, the sessions were well worth it.

hobo

Visit site
Tiddlepom thanks for confirming that my brain is still fully functional. I have just remembered the warm up was like a musical ride as well great memory.
I was lucky that it was our local collage that I went to just unlucky that I only found her just before the collage stopped using her but as it was only about 15 years ago she would have been 75 than!