Sad news

mandy4727

Visit site
Got a phone call at 9.30 which I knew was strange. The lady who bought my 11.2 section A Kizzy last October was ringing me. I knew straight away. She told me that she had to have Kizzy put to sleep on Wednesday this week. It didn't hit me at first even when she was crying on the phone. But ever since then myself and my daughter haven't stopped crying. Kizzy was owned by a man who had 4 other horses as pets, but didn't have a clue. No feed. They went in their stables in November and never set foot outside again until April. Mucked out once a week. He sold them all apart from Kizzy cos she was old. We felt sorry for her and said we would look after her. Everyone commented on how Kizzy tought she had won the lottery. Rugs, hard feed, groomed, looked after, loved etc etc. But after 3 years and owning 3 horses it was too hard for me and 1 had to go. I sold Kizzy to a wonderful lady who kept in touch with me every single week to let me know how Kizzy was and what she was up to etc etc. We kept meaning to go and see her. But you know how it is. "we will go next weekend" and next weekend never came. We were too busy or had something going on. I was going to go next week to see her as a just over a year since they bought her. The call tonight was so unreal but yet so real. I knew this would happen one day but not so soon. Kizzy was about 22 and was cast in the stable. Vet said colic but couldn't find anything wrong internally. High dose pain killers he said would last 10 hours only lasted 3. There was no alternative but to have her pts. RIP Kizzy. Such a special little pony who at the end had a fantastic life bossing all the big horses round. You can gallop free with Margo now!!!!!! All our love Mandy and Becky.XXXXXXXXXXX
kizzyhead.jpg

kizzihead.jpg

kizzy5.jpg

Natalie_H

Visit site
Big hugs to you! At least she had a loving home with you & with the new owner in the last years of her life. xxx.

mandy4727

Visit site
Am still in shock. She was so active and lively and comical. Did the wall of death when you put her in sand paddock. Galloping round and 900mph. You would not belive she was her age. And such an active trot. You keep thinking, if I still owned her would this have happened. But you will never ever know what. It was one of those things. But she really was a character and full of it. Can't beleive she is no longer with us.

Zebedee

Visit site
So sorry to read that. Try no to upset yourselves too much. You gave her some wonderful years, & made sure that when you sold her she went to a lovely home.
Lots of love to you both.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
So sorry to hear this. Very strange though i lost my little roan pony to colic 2 years ago, he was 22. Seemed as fit as a fiddle only to go up one morning to find him down in his stable it was the same with him no pain killers worked. I know it is dreadfull but at the same time i'm glad he didn't has years of suffering, he had a really really good life. I'd bring him back if i could! Love to you all. RIP Kizzy. x x x

Bosrebel

Visit site
I remember seeing Kizzy's advert on adhorse.. at the same time we were looking for a pony for our son... i emailed you but she had already been sold.... we later took on an old pony for our son, but also tragically after 8 months of owning him, we had to have him PTS too.... At least he had a nice last 8 months......

Sorry to hear of your loss... Andy and Kizzy are probably skipping round near Rainbow bridge.. free of Laminitis and colic... having the most fabulous time.