Sad update on my cat - and what to do with them after they have gone?

Crazydancer

Visit site
A few threads below I was asking for advice for my cat with runny poo...... unfortunately he was hit and killed by a car last night. I'm devastated. Although he was a great hunter and loved exploring, at home he was a real mummy's boy, and would cuddle up to me at night, or on the sofa, loved to be picked up and fussed, in fact did the adorable stretching up and reaching his front legs up for me to pick him up. He purred like an engine and did face nuzzles. He was only 10. :( The place I'm staying I thought would be safe as the road here is so very quiet, and narrow, so it's not a fast road. I have no idea how he was hit. But he was found by my neighbour this morning. I've not seen the body but they have told me it would have been quick.
I have no idea what to do with his body. What do people usually do? They have offered to find somewhere here to bury him, but what other options do I have? Cremation? Any advice welcome as my head and heart are in a mess. Thank you.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
So sorry for your loss so sad when they get knocked over:(

You can bury him in your garden or your vet will know of a local cremation for pet's if you can't find one.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Omigod that's so awful, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm so sad for you.

I have buried my deceased pets in the garden with a nice plant or ornament over them but as Pinkvboots said, the vets will recommend a cremation service. I think if you do it through the vets they will keep his little body until the cremation people will collect him and then give you the urn.

So sorry again, hope you are coping ok xxx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So very sorry that you’ve lost your lovely kitty that’s a horrible thing to happen something I worry about even though I’m on a quiet road it only takes one idiot.

My last two were pts and vet arranged individual cremation with ashes back and I still have them. I’m sure they can advise. I’d only bury if you are sure nothing will dig him up - maybe lay a heavy stone over the site.

Shady

Visit site
Oh my god, i am so so sorry to read this, how awful for you, i was only talking to you a few days ago about your cat and wondering how he was. It's a cruel way to lose one , iv'e lost 3 and the shock is terrible. I keep all mine in at night now.
I really don't know what to advise regarding what to do now, it's different for everybody and iv'e always buried mine where iv'e lived at the time , they are always with me in my heart and memories and iv'e never felt i needed more but as others have said if you are uncomfortable burying him where you are i would talk to the vet.
Again ,i'm so sorry for you Crazydancer, sending you a huge hug. xxxxxx

Crazydancer

Visit site
Thanks everyone. It's such a big shock, just not at all expected. This place I'm at now is more remote and quieter than home, I wasn't in the least concerned. He was a hunter and dusk was his time to be out and about, but usually brought himself home later and slept on my bed. Well the decision has been rather taken out of my hands, which is a relief as I don;t have to fret about it - they buried him for me here this afternoon, in the area they have buried other small pets, so he is with hamsters and guinea pigs. It's a nice place to be.