Sad year- seems to be a vast amount of horses being PTS this year?

charlie76

Visit site
Every time I look on a website some one seems to be having a horse PTS as do most people I speak to.
I had mine put down this year sadly and I know of at least 8 in the yards around me. Very sad.
frown.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
I know,had my baby boy PTS as well. Have also heard of and known of copius amounts of other horses being put down. It is a bad year!!

samsaccount

Visit site
It is very sad indeed, sorry to all those who have ever lost a horse and especially to those who have lost one within the past 12 months.

Sorry to hear you also lost yours this year, why was he put down if you don't mind me asking

charlie76

Visit site
He had navicular- I tried everything to get him sound to no avail- navilox, bute, egg bars, NBS, cytek, shockwave then gave him 1 yr barefoot to see if that helped but he just got worse.

I owned him for 12 years from the age of 2- it was very sad.

annaellie

Visit site
Sorry to hear that, I agree I had to have 2 pts within a few years of each other both 8 yr olds and in them few years the amount of horses I heard about getting pts were so many then I did not hear of any for ages

SSM

Visit site
I know what you mean, and when you lose one it suddenly hits home how many other people are in the same boat.

To my beautiful, wonderful, kind, gentle and amazing Stinkerstonker who died over night, and I never got to say goodbye to.

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
I had my boy pts 2 years ago today! I feel like poo today and cant concentrate on anything. Ive got another horse now, but Ill never have the same bond with him as I did with my last boy. Id had him 7 long and happy years, untill he got loose and an evil cattle grid took his life! Needless to say, I have troulbe driving over them now!
frown.gif

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
i know what you mean lovely i have my 25 year old mare 21 years, just changed her routine so no winter turnout but very aware i may have to make a decision, i also have an 8 year old who i love to bits but just not the same bond as the old girlie. they always say you have that one special horse in life!!

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
It does seem to have been a very sad year for losses around us this year.

My heart genuinely goes out to eveyone who has lost someone they love this year in particular.

I know lots who'll be glad to see the back of 2006.

Sam xx

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I know a horse got PTS on our yard this year and have heard of 3 being PTS in the past 2 months around. Big hugs to everyone who has been through this! I am not going to taint myself and keep my mouth shut!! Big hugs anywayxxxxx

gillcook

Visit site
I can't wait for the end of 2006 had my soulmate pts feb 14th, my sisters horse in august, dog pts on monday and my replacement horsey is deteriorating and will probably be gone by end of this year. Surely things can only get better

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
lol to you horsecookie. its terrible we all seem to have bad years but yours!! big hugs. and Happy 2007 to you. just remb they come into our life for a reason we learn from them, love them then they leave but we have enjoyed them while they have been here. mind you i reckon ive shed more tears over my animals than any man!!

JaneMBE

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just remb they come into our life for a reason we learn from them, love them then they leave but we have enjoyed them while they have been here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very true..,but doesn't help the pain. Wonders if we ever see the reason they come into our life for a short time....

My boy was pts in March, so this has been a bad year for me also.
Big hugs everyone x

beh

Visit site
i lost my lovely mare on January 12th 06, not nice, huge hugs go out to everyone as it is the most horrible thing in the world
frown.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Had our little ex-racer PTS early this year and my ancient pony was put down in October. Bad year for me, pony had been with me 11 years and Jazzy was just my bestest buddy

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
lost 2horses and my nan this year, worst year i have had, and to top ot all off i had to sell my once in a lifetime horse due to loss of grazing.
frown.gif

2006 has not been kind to me.

squirtlysmum

Visit site
I lost my wonderful girl last year 13th Sept after 21 years of friendship and her best friend was PTS in August following quick decline due to Motor Nuerone Disease, both greatly missed.
Just remember when you hear thunder, look skyward and all our lovely friends are galloping around the sky and the thunder is the sound of their feet tearing around the sky, pain free and happy together!!!!!