Saddle and a scar

TuscanBunnyGirl

Visit site
It's been a rough and boring five weeks after the car accident :( The xrays have come back that the knee is healing well however ultra sound has shown a rather stonking blood clot in my femoral vein due to lack of medication post op but explains the horrendous pain the last week. But up on my feet and even managed to (very slowly) muck out a stable! Whoohoo!!! It's left a pretty bleurgh scar but hopefully it'll clear up nicely :)
15181507_10211396222841573_4676235806695259270_n.jpg

But in happier news...! Johnny's m2m saddle has arrived!! Can't wait to be able to use it :D

15181632_10211396224921625_5073349850904956799_n.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Vitamin E oil from a capsule and sudocrem mixed together on the scar and it will be barely visible. Or you could pay a fortune for bio oil instead :)

Impressive! Hope you are back on board soon.

Fidgety

Visit site
Worried that you haven't had daily injections of anti-coagulants (standard practice in France when I broke my leg and then when I had the rod removed). Please take care x.

EmmasMummy

Visit site
Worried that you haven't had daily injections of anti-coagulants (standard practice in France when I broke my leg and then when I had the rod removed). Please take care x.

I concur. Have they started you on them?? They really should have within mins of finding it out (well as soon as the pharmacy dished out the heparin!). I was not allowed to walk even 200m after they discovered my clot in the groin.

Also cannot believe that they didn't give you the jabs if you were on bed rest. Here they are standard after any operation where you are left immobile.

Hope that you continue to improve though. I found that stand and tan helped fade my c-section scar. Not lots though, just a few sessions and lots of massage.

PorkChop

Visit site
Yikes, that is some scar!

Glad you are back on your feet, another who is wondering whether they are addressing the blood clot?

Loving the new saddle :)

TuscanBunnyGirl

Visit site
Vitamin E oil from a capsule and sudocrem mixed together on the scar and it will be barely visible. Or you could pay a fortune for bio oil instead :)
Impressive! Hope you are back on board soon.
Thank you! Currently got arnica and vit e oil on the go :D

Ouch to your scar! Get well soon! Lovely saddle... What make is it?
Thank you, recovery is horrible :( feels like its never going to end. It was designed by a local saddle fitter and made by barnsby :D

I concur. Have they started you on them?? They really should have within mins of finding it out (well as soon as the pharmacy dished out the heparin!). I was not allowed to walk even 200m after they discovered my clot in the groin.

Also cannot believe that they didn't give you the jabs if you were on bed rest. Here they are standard after any operation where you are left immobile.

Hope that you continue to improve though. I found that stand and tan helped fade my c-section scar. Not lots though, just a few sessions and lots of massage.

Not really sure yet why I wasn't given injections afterwards, the nurses were horrified when I told them and a report has gone through apparently. I think it flared up the beginning of last week and went in 5days after as the pain was awful..the doctor was quite dismissive annd said there wasn't anything wrong but put me through to ultrasound in the end anyway luckily. Have now started on blood thinning tablets and hoping it clears up :(

Yikes, that is some scar!

Glad you are back on your feet, another who is wondering whether they are addressing the blood clot?

Loving the new saddle :)
Thank you �� yes I'm on blood thinning tablets for a while now, hopefully will clear up within 3mnths

EmmasMummy

Visit site
Thank you! Currently got arnica and vit e oil on the go :D

Thank you, recovery is horrible :( feels like its never going to end. It was designed by a local saddle fitter and made by barnsby :D

Not really sure yet why I wasn't given injections afterwards, the nurses were horrified when I told them and a report has gone through apparently. I think it flared up the beginning of last week and went in 5days after as the pain was awful..the doctor was quite dismissive annd said there wasn't anything wrong but put me through to ultrasound in the end anyway luckily. Have now started on blood thinning tablets and hoping it clears up :(

Thank you �� yes I'm on blood thinning tablets for a while now, hopefully will clear up within 3mnths

Make sure that you push for an ultrasound to confirm that the clot has gone! Mine did not go after the 3 months, and my still mild symptoms were brushed off and then a year of sedentary office work caused the clot to build again causing more damage and been told that they class it as 2 occurrences now and that I will be classed as prone to clotting from here on in. Did you get offered stockings as well? As any swelling you have in that leg may not go away, but a class II made to measure pressure stocking can help a lot.