Saddle and bridle

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Going to a show on sunday and doing the ridden Arab/partbred class and having a bit of a dilema!
Right, I have a black (dressage) saddle and a black bridle that has a crank noseband and is a bit 'dressagy'. I also have a beautiful brown handmade showing bridle, so my dilema is this.......shall I go for the brown bridle and black saddle or stick with an 'incorrect' black bridle, I know neither is correct but until I find a nice brown leather saddle to buy this will have to do!

Sam x

Nailed

Visit site
personally, i beleiev that the crack would make the horses head look too small for showing as the noseband will be very large on an arab..
This is not a county show i asume?
Go for the brown bridle black saddle.
Good Luck!
Lou x

clipclop

Visit site
Hmmmm, I think I would go for the bridle that is correct for the class and hope the judge doesn't notice the colour difference
wink.gif

An incorrect bridle always stands out a mile, where as colour isn't quite so blatant.
smile.gif

What do you think?

pocket

Visit site
I had a similar dilemma last year, black dressage saddle and brown hunter double, but we still managed an 8th on our first PUK outing. If the judge likes your horse it should not be a problem, it becomes an expensive problem when you want to do all types of discipline.

My problem has been solved thanks to some light fingered do as you likies who stole all my tack at Christmas......I now have a dark havana VSD.......Jack of all trades master of none thats Ralph and me
grin.gif