saddle bags

parsley

Visit site
NO - not the ones that seem to be permenantly attached to me, but the ones I can make Bomber carry. I get really thirsty on rides and often I could do with carrying a map. I have just had a look on ebay and there seem to be pommel bags and panniers. Am I right in thinking that the panniers are quite big - they seem to have a belly strap? I only need room for a water bottle and map and I would like to be able to get the stuff out while I am riding along.

Which do you suggest?

filly190

Visit site
I use a bum bag to carry fags, drink, phone etc and the one I have holds quite a lot. What about a small ruck sack?

I prefer to carry things on me, so my horse has no excuse about things banging or flapping but I am sure the endurance sites would be helpful

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Ruck sacks can be terribly dangerous if your unlucky enough to come off and land on them
crazy.gif

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
I find a transparent (& waterproof) pocket the best thing for the map which you can hang around your neck, so it's available for immediate inspection before your friends enquire if your lost
smile.gif

Good size Pommel bags (is that what they're called in English?) can easily hold a water bottle or flask of tea/soup, box of biscuits etc. We've got tough brown coloured canvas ones which are easy to repair if they get torn in undergrowth etc. Sorry, can't remember the make just now, but they've done a lot of miles and they're quite light.

threeponies

Visit site
The shires ones fasten onto the D rings at the back of the saddle and are quite roomy. I've just sold mine cos they didn't fit over my pony's big back!