Saddle chariot

millikins

Visit site
Good evening. Has anyone used one of these and would you recommend them?
I'm looking some months ahead, we have a Dales mare, she is currently pregnant but before she got too big I was long reining her in harness and she was really enjoying it. I would eventually like to have her broken to drive with a proper cart but I'm currently concentrating on the shetlands and daughter is pregnant too so she won't be doing much riding when the mare is ready to come back into work. She (pony not daughter) gets fat even looking at grass so she will need to do something and the saddle chariot seems fairly inexpensive and can be used with a single person I think.
The mare enjoys road work and schooling more than hacking.
Any thoughts or experience welcome. Thanks in advance.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Personally I do not like them and think that they are unsafe.

Some people think that they are the best thing since sliced bread.

millikins

Visit site
Personally I do not like them and think that they are unsafe.

Some people think that they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Thank you, they certainly look a bit flimsy but I've not seen any accidents reported. Have you used one or just don't like the look of them?

paddy555

Visit site
If I had less horses to ride and more time to spend on my ponies I would have one tomorrow.:D

I was fortunate enough to be in a car park when Simon was taking an extremely disabled lady out for a drive over Dartmoor in the model that accommodates a wheelchair. They went over very rough ground and she loved it. It was very safe and took her to places she would otherwise only have dreamt of seeing due to her disability.

When he got back he showed us the ordinary saddle chariot and then put it behind Obama and demonstrated it. We were well impressed. It was very safe, the release worked well and we thought it was well made and far from flimsy. I loved it. I think it would be great fun. I am older and not into risk and I would have been quite happy to have one. Yes it is designed for a single person. That is one reason I thought it would be so good for pony exercise.

millikins

Visit site
If I had less horses to ride and more time to spend on my ponies I would have one tomorrow.:D

I was fortunate enough to be in a car park when Simon was taking an extremely disabled lady out for a drive over Dartmoor in the model that accommodates a wheelchair. They went over very rough ground and she loved it. It was very safe and took her to places she would otherwise only have dreamt of seeing due to her disability.

When he got back he showed us the ordinary saddle chariot and then put it behind Obama and demonstrated it. We were well impressed. It was very safe, the release worked well and we thought it was well made and far from flimsy. I loved it. I think it would be great fun. I am older and not into risk and I would have been quite happy to have one. Yes it is designed for a single person. That is one reason I thought it would be so good for pony exercise.

This sounds more promising, thank you :)