SADDLE CO SADDLES - are they any good??HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Emshad

Visit site
Does anybody have one of these? Feedback please good or bad - have been offered one at a V good price, am thinking of using it as a "home" saddle. Have heard they are part leather part synthetic though? This one is a dressage have no idea what model though?? HELP!! xxx

SpottedCat

Visit site
They are good in that they are very kind to the horses back and are very adjustable. The synthetic part is not visible when they are on the horse.

It depends on what level you ride to though as to whether or not they are great for the rider. When I was doing low level stuff on my young horse mine were great, so if you're hacking/RC/low level dressage, jumping up to about 3ft then fab.

As soon as you want to do anything serious I find they simply don't put the rider in anything like the right place so are less useful. I got rid of mine as my horse moved out of intro eventing and up to PN and N.

Emshad

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As long as it fits. Otherwise no, it wont be any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be why I am waiting until Tuesday for the saddler to come up...... as you can see from the post above i havent bought it yet

the watcher

Visit site
I had two, the endurance model with the memory foam seat (which I still have) and a dressage saddle with the suede seat and flaps which I sold to a friend and she loved it too. They are very adjustable by a Saddle Company fitter although most saddlers can do minor flocking adjustments.

As a general 'home' saddle I think they are very good

haras

Visit site
I have them on both of my arabians. One is in the endurance model (which was origionally bought for my now retired New Forest and has been adjusted to fit my youngster) and the other is in a working hunter. I love the fact that they are so adjustable.

They are part leather, part synthetic, but I find them very versitile and fab for what I'm doing. If I was doing serious ridden showing with either of them, then I'd probably be investing in something like an ideal, but they are great for a middle of the road every day saddle.

SpottedCat

Visit site
They are leather on all the visible parts, synthetic underneath. Looks wise you would not know they had synthetic parts. They do make some full leather ones i think.

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
Some are part leather/part synthetic but mine is all leather- even on the parts you can't see. I think the Verona models are the half/half ones. Mine is a Genoa which is all leather (except for the serge panels).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my SC saddle! I had it come back today as the SC fitter took it to Walsall to be reflocked by the SC factory. I test rode it today and the fit was perfect, it didn't slide forward even with a normal numnah (won't need my Barnsby grip pad anymore now!).

They can adjust the tree but if the SC can reflock it to fit properly, then they will do that instead of altering the tree.

This is my first SC saddle and it's been a complete positive experience working with the fitter and SC with making it fit weird shaped Hattie!

I'd definitely buy another as I've tried so many brand and none fit except this one.

madiz123

Visit site
I have one for polo and its great - mine is leather with a suede seat. It is really adjustable, however I do have it re-adjusted every 7-8 months or so.

It is good though - I'm getting another next week for my 3yo!

Cluny

Visit site
I have 3 (you can buy them very reasonably on Ebay), two dressage saddles (Verona) with suede seat and knee rolls and one Event GP (slightly more forward cut than the GP) which my OH uses.

I thoroughly recommend them, the genius of these saddles is that they are built on an injection moulded tree, unlike normal saddles which are built on wooden trees. My fitter has a templating machine in the back of her truck which means when she comes out to fit the saddle and my horses have changed shape she can widen or narrow the tree to accomodate this, so I don't have to worry about buying another saddle!

Love them, but they are of course only as good as your fitter!