Saddle Company Saddles

terrierliz

Visit site
Had a Saddle Company fitter out today to measure my boy for a new saddle. Need the cob due to his width
blush.gif
but am going to have the working hunter saddle flaps. Can't make up my mind if it's worth spending the extra to have all leather rather than half leather half synthetic
confused.gif

thoughts please

KatB

Visit site
IMO after seeing the half synthetic ones, id stick to those, as wil see very little difference between that and the all leather one!
grin.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
I had one fitted today, and was soooo impressed with the lady and my lovely new saddle!!! Yay! Not much help really. but they are fab and josie goes completely different in it.

spaniel

Visit site
Yep Ive got one for my youngster (full leather version)....I dont think Id buy anything else now! I know so many people who have them and never heard a bad word against them or the fitters!

terrierliz

Visit site
I was impressed with the half and half, I have a wintec wide on him at the moment but it's just not sitting right. Didn't really want to buy a new saddle as he is rising 5 and I know he will change over the next few years but at least with the saddle company ones you can get the tree adjusted.

lennysmith

Visit site
I tell you what I felt AWFUL when she mesured her and showed me how badley fitting my old one was. I was devestated. She took the time to draw me the shape of her, and explain why ,my little wintec was bad for her, there is no way I'd go for anything different now. Very happy Lenny and Josie xx

terrierliz

Visit site
Yep, I felt bad too. I had borrowed a friends balance saddle for the last few days and he was so much better in it, but Sarah said that this didn't fit him either...suprise suprise it was too narrow but would be fine to use just for hacking out. Good job as no way would I be able to ride him bareback just like sitting on a slippy barrel!
tongue.gif
!

KatB

Visit site
I have heard one bad report, and was a seriously bad one about a fitter. However, the same with all these "made to mesure" type saddles now, they are only as good as the fitters.
smile.gif

Vix1978

Visit site
I like the saddles, but I am having a hell of a time trying to get a fitter to come out to me. Everyone who used to do them doesn't touch them anymore. Therefore, I'm hving to take the saddle, wither pattern and photos up to Walsall to get it done. Whilst they have been very helpful, it isn't ideal as I wanted someone to see the horse moving under saddle....

terrierliz

Visit site
No not ideal, I didn't get to try one on mine as she doesn't carry stock! When made she is coming back to check it is ok and see him ridden in it. The next nearest fitter/stockist to me is about 50 miles away and I did offer to travel but they didn't seem very interested

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Georgie hated his and TBH I wasnt overlly impressed. Dave made us a gp to measure - it perched on Georgie and when I attempted to ride in it Georige objected by bucking - this horse never bucks.
Have to say though Dave was great though and said that quite clearly Georgie disliked the saddle and took it away.