Saddle Direct!

devilinajar

Visit site
Ok i know this is in the wrong place but, has anyone ever used them and what do people think of the service they offer.
we need a new saddle for one of the horses i ride, and the back lady has recommended them!

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I've tried saddles from them before and I thought they were very good. None of them fitted my horse but they are all good quality and delivered/collected when they said they would. I was fairly impressed.
smile.gif

MardyMare

Visit site
I liked some of their saddles but couldnt find anyone local to fit them and they couldnt recommend anyone in my area so ended up going with Bridlepath. Cant recommend them enough - was so impressed
smile.gif

peanut

Visit site
I've replied on your other thread about this to say that although I never used them in the end, they came highly recommended from two people who bought from them.

quirky

Visit site
They are local to me, so haven't used the delivery service, I pop into the shop.

I told her the type of horse I had and what the back lady had said about her shape. I took 5 saddles (with no deposit) and all of them fitted. My saddler just had to find the one that fitted the best.

She is very knowledgable about saddles and which ones fit which type of horses well.

I can't reccomend them highly enough.

ace87

Visit site
Information I was given from them was silly. I have a 17hh warmblood i gave them all his measurements etc and they said a 17" saddle would be fine on him.

In the end they didn't have any in stock that would fit him so I went to my local saddler who put a 17" on him just to show me how utterly ridiculous it was. He can only just have a 17.5 - needs an 18" really but would be too big for me.

I wasn't too impressed to be honest. The website listed loads of saddles in stock in reality there were hardly any.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Hang on though - what about your measurements? A 17" saddle isn't particularly small and unless you are showing (and even then it very much depends on your size) it is immaterial if it looks a bit no to scale. If I rode a 17 hander, I wouldn't just have a bigger saddle as I'd be slopping about all over the place.

Saddles have to fit you both!

charlie55

Visit site
I sent them details of my saddle on friday to put on their website. All paid and everything and it still isnt on there, i phoned this morning and they said it will be on there by lunch time! Its 4 oclock now and im Still waiting.....

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Information I was given from them was silly. I have a 17hh warmblood i gave them all his measurements etc and they said a 17" saddle would be fine on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's silly & wrong with a 17" saddle? That measurement of a saddle is primarily for the seat of the rider. It will let you know if your backside will fit in the saddle. The width of the saddle, if is sits off the withers & if it sits level is on the horse. The height of your horse has nothing to do with the size of saddle.
confused.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
I ride a 17.2 and that has a 17'' saddle, you only really need an 18' if you have a longer leg or a larger person than needs a bigger seat, or say the horse is rather long its back and an 18'' looks better.

Lots of small riders ride very large horses but they don't get large saddles just because the horse is large, it has to feel secure and fit them too.
smile.gif

partnerincrime

New User
Visit site
Used them last year when looking for a dressage saddle. Got useful info on phone re what brands/models usually suit what breed/type. Service was excellent - did what they said on the packet - delivered my choices well packed and quickly, unfortunately none of the saddles was a perfect fit but as our local saddlers push you into what they stock (Bates/Ideal/Pessoa) at least I got a chance to look at Passier and Amerigo! Returns were no hassle either. Good luck!