Saddle fitter and saddle sales. Conflict of interest?

TrasaM

Visit site
Just a thought based on a recent event with someone I know. Woman has saddle fitter/ Chiro/ saddle supplier out to check her horses and was talked into buying new saddles for two of her horses and to swap saddles on one other. First time horse 1 is ridden in the new saddle he plays up and started bucking so was walked home. Over the following week he got worse and same Chiro / fitter diagnosed kissing spine so series of x rays etc were done and yes back was sore but spine ok. Steroid injections were given and he was tested. When he was ridden again the owner persisted with the new saddle and horse got worse and started bucking and rearing so was rested but problems still persisted. Then on suggestion saddle was swapped back to the original one and behaviour started to improve. I've recently heard that the fitters contract with the saddle firm has been terminated but I don't know why.
I know that there are unscrupulous people in all walks of life and it's easy to blind some people with science and certificates of competence. It makes me wonder how many more have had the same experience and whether there is a conflict of interest when there are more profits to be made from selling a new saddle rather than adjusting or okay ing the existing one.