Saddle fitting - advice

crazyhorses1

Visit site
my new mare got measured with a 17" nm gfs fieldhouse VSD, i had been looking at the GP version of this, do you think this would be ok or?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
That will depend largely on her shoulder as if she has a large shoulder she may not take a more forward cut saddle. I have a VSD on my mare for this very reason.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Jumped up to 3'6" in mine no problem :)

If you mainly want to jump I would get a SADDLER to fits some GPs and/or jump saddles on her, so you know what will/won't fit her.

crazyhorses1

Visit site
cool :) well saddler fitted her with that VSD one mainly cos the others were too wide on her, need to call him and ask him, got advert pics of her if that helps?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Better to get one that fits, than buy one that doesn't in haste. In the mean time you can be bonding doing some ground work or ride bareback (hmmm perhaps not if MN)!!!

crazyhorses1

Visit site
yeah lol i did think about that.... only done it liek twice in my life promised myself never again! well shes been fitted in the fieldhouse nm VSD so if i get the same it would fit?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Yes, though flocking will need to be checked and possibly adjusted. Also do you know the style/how old the saddle was as companies change the style trees they use, as that can make a big difference. It is always a risk buying a saddle you haven't seen/tried on your horse..............sometimes it is one worth taking and sometimes it isn't..........I have 2 redundant saddles to prove this.:eek: Must put them back on ebay, but never seem to get round it. That said I also have a bargain dressage saddle from ebay that is perfect. My VSD came from a saddlers, and is still the best fit on my mare 10yrs on.