Saddle fitting - happy post

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I have had the same saddle fitter for a good few years now. She always spends a huge amount of time with me and my two boys, even if it is 'just' a saddle check / flock top up. Yesterday was a typical saddle check appointment where she was with me for 3 hours and absolutely nothing was missed. She knows me and my horses inside and out and has tracked their progress (medical issues, condition, movement, ability etc.) over the years. They both have joint problems (as do I now lol) and as a result they can move in what can only be described as a quirky manner which affects the saddle placement (and my position). Each time she carefully assesses the situation and adjusts the saddle accordingly. I know if necessary she would recommend a replacement saddle but touch wood this has only happened once (when the youngster outgrew his saddle). And all of this for a VERY reasonable rate!! Having had a few saddle fitters in my time I have to say she is by far the best I've had and is worth her weight in gold. I'm not an expert by any means but think her 'unique selling point' is she has a very good depth of understanding in terms of equine anatomy and bio mechanics. She always asks, for example (and takes notes), about my horse's vet visits / medication / physio and work routine (which happen to follow the vet / physio instructions). She even weighs the horses (I've never seen a saddle fitter do that before) and carries out a condition score. If she spots anything amiss with my horses (or my other bits of tack / me) I get told (i.e. not necessarily saddle related).

What can I say. She's a keeper!