saddle not fitting

flyingfeet

Visit site
Narrow is good - better than saddle being too tight.

I would plug the gap with a prolite / other decent pad for the time being. He is likely to change shape on you again come the spring.

You cannot do anything with a saddle that too narrow for the horse, but the other way around is not that bad with decent padding.

Unless you can buy a wow / changeable gullet saddle (or have oodles of cash), I would be hesitant to go purchasing a new one until they have stopped growing and changing shape.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
If your saddle is now too wide then you can use a prolite underneath it to fill the gap - I wouldn't think about getting another saddle yet as he will probably change again so if you can get away with a prolite it will save you money

twisteddiamond

Visit site
i borrowed a sheepskin half pad which seems to have done the trick now i just have to get one for my self good job my birthday is soon
smirk.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Use a sheepskin pad or a prolite for the moment. When they have a growth spurt the weight seems to drop away and the saddle ceases to fit. After the spurt has finished he'll start to fill out & the saddle will probably fit him again.
smile.gif