Saddle question. . . advice/ideas please

Flint12

Visit site
Hi,

I think this is the first time i have posted anything for quite a while, had AS exams etc.
Having a bit of a saddle problem at the moment. Flint has expanded, i think some of it is fat due to lack of time to ride, but he has muscled up quite a bit, especially over his back and annoyingly his shoulders. To be honest i dont know where the expansion has come from, i just know it has happened annoyingly.

Anyway onto my problem. I have got back problems, i have had two operations and so far no good, they have mentioned that fusing it may have to be considered but hopefully not yet!! I currently have a jefferies hawk(i think) event saddle, but i cant jump him at the moment and havnt since last summer. The main reason behind getting the saddle was that he was going to event this season but due to my back injury last summer (or when it flarred up) that is no longer an option.

Due to the saddle no longer fitting flint and not helping me im lookiong for a new saddle. I was wondering if people could give me any advice or opinions on VSD saddles? It is most likely i will be dressaging from now on so a straighter cut saddle may be the best option, but a GP is not totally out of the question, seeing as my current saddle is pretty forward cut.

Any opinions would be good, i get a little lost when it comes to saddles.

Thanks

:)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I have a kieffer achen (sp) its a fairly forward cut gp, but it has a lovley deep seat, and as some one that gets regualr back aches I find it actully puts me in a good positon, the entire tree is also adjustable so for a horse that changes shape its useful! the saddle has to be sent away to be adjusted and costs around 70 quid, id have a decent fitter out aswell to determind by how much it needed adjusting.

new the saddles cost around 900-1k i do know of a shop in devon that does mail order and had them at half price new!