saddle reccomendations

curio

Visit site
hi my broad flat backed, croup high gypsy cob, but has withers is currently in a wintec vsd and i noticed yeasterday a rubbed patch and very red at the back under the pannel on one side , so i really dont think it is fitting any more even though he is very fit and muscled
does anyone know of an alternative saddle traditional or non traditional which fits these type of cobs
thanks
confused.gif

Keltic

Visit site
My cob is croup high and wide backed, ive just changed her saddle earlier this year, ive got the Kent & Masters cob gp, it is lovely, fits her wonderfully and can be altered if needs be.

EQUISCENE

Visit site
I could not find any off the shelf saddles to fit my very broad croup high cob! So I have just had one made by All Saddle Solutions their service was very professional and the saddle is fabulous - my boy certainly seems much happier and I thought the price was reasonable as well!

PM if you would like further details.

Kallibear

Visit site
My saddle company cob saddles would probabaly suit. Very flat tree, wide flat panels and soft forgiving flocking. Sadly it's just too long for my VERY short backed welsh cob X (it's a 17", he's just stupidly short), so I'm having to sell it
frown.gif

Incidently, the wintecs sizing is odd - they come up very long and a 17" is often too long for cobs, and cause rubbing at the back.