Saddle recommendations, adult riding pony

foxy1

Visit site
I have recently bought a lovely Connemara x Welsh B mare, she's 13.2hh, short backed and a little croup high. I can't find a saddle to fit her and me! I'm only small-ish, 8 1/2 stone, 5'3.
So far I've tried Thorowgood and Kent&masters pony club, in 16 and 16.5 long leg. Tried a thorowgood compact 16.5 but too long.

I'm hacking in a bareback pad but need something to jump in!

Any ideas?

Marigold4

Visit site
I had a similar problem and tried loads of saddles without success. In the end I bought a Solutions native saddle and that is perfect. Cost a LOT more than the horse though!

Wheels

Visit site
I use solutions on my connemara, I have an older jump model and a nearly new dressage. We didnt have to go for a native, just one with standard panels although had to go newer with the dressage to get a flatter profile but it is the best, most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden in and the horse goes really well in it so worth the ££££

Hallo2012

Visit site
Just gone through this and ended up in a Black Country show saddle on 13hh short backed welsh B. I’m 5’7.
Get John at BC out he’s great xxx

Marigold4

Visit site
I use solutions on my connemara, I have an older jump model and a nearly new dressage. We didnt have to go for a native, just one with standard panels although had to go newer with the dressage to get a flatter profile but it is the best, most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden in and the horse goes really well in it so worth the ££££
I use mine on my youngster and my connie. Fits both well. I can't imagine going back to my Andrea Hicks treed saddle now. I envy you having 2 Solutions! If I win the lottery I shall buy one of each style!