Saddle recommendations

kaisius

Visit site
I need saddle recommendations!
My saddle fitter was here today and looked at my saddle as my horse has been rearing, bucking, kicking and just been extremely tense when I ride him. I have had a therapist over three times to loosen and correct his back. The thing is that my saddle got fitted three months ago, and that's when the problems started to happen. So when she looked at it she could find nothing wrong, hopped on and he went swishing and kicking not willing to trot properly. We then put another saddle on him that does not fit properly and it has a much wider Chanel. Turns out he loves the way that saddle moves about his back, so of course he needs a new one. And I can just buy the saddle that he liked, but I didn't like it at all and it's tipping me forward.
So sorry for the extremely long explanation?

ozpoz

Visit site
If he can't move in it then it doesn't fit him. You need a fitter who will fit the horse and balance the saddle for you and watch you ride in it until both you and the horse are happy and comfortable. Your horse has the best opinion on what fits him and a good fitter will pay close attention to your horse under saddle, not just standing still.

kaisius

Visit site
If he can't move in it then it doesn't fit him. You need a fitter who will fit the horse and balance the saddle for you and watch you ride in it until both you and the horse are happy and comfortable. Your horse has the best opinion on what fits him and a good fitter will pay close attention to your horse under saddle, not just standing still.
She watched him under saddle, and we found out what he likes it's just not what I like. All I'm asking if anyone has any saddle recommendations for a horse who likes a wide Chanel:)

little_critter

Visit site
I have a Loxley by Bliss LX jump saddle which has a nice wide channel. It’s a jump saddle but not at the extreme end of the range so I was able to do flat work in it too.

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
Stridefree saddles. Prior to finding the Stridefree I had stunning expensive saddles fitted to my horse by respected professionals that I was happy with. However my horse was a puller and a rusher at fences when we jumped.

By chance tried the Stridefree and I had a relaxed calm jumper instead.

Two things that I believe made a difference - the wide channel and the innovative tree shape taking the pressure away from behind the wither.

I now think she was rushing into fences and rushing after the fences as she was uncomfortable. I thought it was just my lack of skill. Might be worth a look.

soloequestrian

Visit site
Look at Balance International. Their whole philosophy for the past 30 years has been about fitting horses wide and then using deformable padding between saddle and numnah. LM saddles use the same philosophy.