Saddle selling - bizarre questions

Nudibranch

Visit site
I have a well known and quite pricey saddle on Fleabay. So far, questions have included;

"It says 17 inch, what size is that?"

"How long is the girth?"

"Is it definitely havana? Will it go with my havana bridle?"

Really?!

LadySam

Visit site
Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public. I used to work in a theatre box office and had day upon day of questions like that.

"What time does the 8 o'clock show start?"

"Do all the seats face the same way?" (No, we have a whole bunch that face the back wall, you pillock.)

And my favourite - the one who would only book tickets to the Stevie Wonder concert if I could 100% guarantee that he was really blind.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
My personal favourites from an array of jobs I have had...

'What time is the midnight buffet?'
'Do I have to pay my rent?'
'Will a daisy rein stop my laminitic pony from eating too much grass in the field?'
'I bought a 4yo Clover Hill x King of Diamonds, why do you think he is this sharp?'
'Can we stop (the cruise ship) somewhere, my daughter, who has eczema has run out of Sudocreme?'

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
lol, I get them on ebay too, been selling cockerel collars for last few years and in the advert I state if you want a colour as in picture (picture of various coloured collars) please tell me as you check out in "note to seller". If I don't hear anything I send out the standard BLACK collar, have had numerous people message me as well as adding it in "note to seller" - Can I have a Black one please ;)

Other things are when I was selling loads of new riding boots on there, stated in adverts Lovesons BLACK, PVC (not rubber) long riding boots,size (whatever they were) and with ALL the other sizes I could muster like down back seam from top to floor, across the ball of the foot, round the ankle, round the mid calf, round the top of the boot, yet questions on a regular basis were:
What colour are they?
Are they made of rubber?
What is the measurement round the calf?
Can you measure round the ankle for me?
What size are they?
I gave up in the end!

windand rain

Visit site
the most bizzare thing I was repeatedly asked was coukd I measure my 13.2 pony under 13hh the answer which I had to give the lady was no I finally added if she paid in full I would chop her off at the knees she was not amused. this was on a daily basis for at least a week I finally stopped answering the phone if she came in user id

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Selling is a nightmare when you're dealing with the public. I sell aviary birds I breed and despite my adverts always clearly stating 'no cage included' and 'collection only' I 100% always get asked 'does the price include the cage?' and 'will you deliver?'

Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
I hate selling tack for this reason. The "will it fit my 14.5 heavy weight thoroughbred donkey" ones really grind my gears. Sure just send the horse over to me with a self addressed envolope, ill fit the saddle for you and send it back

rachk89

Visit site
I have a well known and quite pricey saddle on Fleabay. So far, questions have included;

"It says 17 inch, what size is that?"

"How long is the girth?"

"Is it definitely havana? Will it go with my havana bridle?"

Really?!

Well that's just not fair why didn't I get stupid questions when selling a saddle there? I would have loved to give sarcastic answers to those people.